BI 4.2 SP4 to SP5 Update
In this blog, I would like to share steps that followed to Update BI from 4.2 SP4 to SP5.
BI 4.2 SP5 got Few Enhancements which are useful to BI Admin’s .
Existing BI Version: BI 4.2 SP4
Upgraded BI Version: BI 4.2 SP5
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Pre-requisites to be followed:
- CMS (Central Management Server) –> Should be Up and running
- Input/output Repository –> Should be up and running
- CMS Database
- Need to backup of Tomcat Configuration Files
- Need to Take DB backup
- Before Upgrading we need to check PAM
we have two types of Files for BI
- Full Bundle Installation
- Update File
BI 4.2 SP5 Update Files.
Provide your CMS name and enter Administrator Password
from 4.2 Release we have 2 options to Install BI
1. Standard Installation
2. Phase-wise Installation (Reduced Downtime)
after Installation we did not see Promotion management wizard.
whenever updates are performed already existing components are upgraded where promotion management wizard is a new enhancement in SP5. Selected modified installation from Control Panel and then selected “Promotion Management Wizard”
New Features Present in BI 4.2 SP5 will be covered in Another blog……