This blog covers latest information and known issues for the SAP S/4HANA 1709 Fully-Activated Appliance (if not indicated otherwise, the issues will occur in client 100 or across all clients).
The overview blog for this appliance can be found under https://blogs.sap.com/?p=564532
Initial system performance after instance creation
When you create an instance, the initial system performance will be slow, especially within the Fiori Launchpad (some minutes of response time for the logon / first tiles, potentially a time-out). Also, the first click on a Fiori tile will be significantly slower. This is due to initial caching in the system and will become faster if you continue working.
Note to SAP administrators: SGEN has been performed to pre-compile ABAP coding.
Supported hosting providers for the SAP S/4HANA 1709 Fully Activated Appliance
Currently, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and MS Azure are supported cloud providers for the SAP S/4HANA 1709 Fully Activated Appliance.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is currently not yet supported for the SAP S/4HANA 1709 fully-activated appliance. This is intended for the future, but requires some changes in the API handshake between Google and SAP Cloud Appliance Library. The SAP S/4HANA 1610 FPS01 appliance can be used with GCP.
The Fiori User Assistance icon (question mark icon on top right) is not visible
This is due to a wrong proxy setting in the Web Dispatcher configuration. The fix needs to be done on the Linux backend system of the appliance.
- Log on to the Linux backend system as root. You will need PuTTY (or another SSH client) and the private key file (.pem) that was generated when you created the instance. Unless you chose to save it on your own computer, the .pem file can be downloaded from the instance details page. For details how to log on with PuTTY, see this page > How to connect to a running instance via the secure shell protocol (SSH).
- When logged on to Linux, enter su s4hadm (to change to user s4hadm)
- Enter cd /usr/sap/S4H/SYS/profile (to change to the directory with the Web Dispatcher config files)
- Enter vi S4H_ASCS01_vhcals4hcs to open the configuration file in the vi text editor
- Press E (to edit the file anyway, an older swap version exists as well)
- Scroll to the end of the file where you will find the following text block:
#Configure SAP Web Dispatcher for Context-Sensitive User Assistance wdisp/system_3 = SID=ABC, EXTSRV=https://cp.hana.ondemand.com:443, SRCURL=/sap/dfa/help/, PROXY=proxy.wdf.sap.corp:8080, SRCSRV=*:*, STANDARD_COOKIE_FILTER=OFF wdisp/system_4 = SID=DEF, EXTSRV=https://xray.hana.ondemand.com:443, PROXY=proxy.wdf.sap.corp:8080, SRCURL=/resources/sap/dfa/help/, SRCSRV=*:*, STANDARD_COOKIE_FILTER=OFF
- Remove the two occurrences of the PROXY= parameter, i.e. afterwards the two lines should look like this:
wdisp/system_3 = SID=ABC, EXTSRV=https://cp.hana.ondemand.com:443, SRCURL=/sap/dfa/help/, SRCSRV=*:*, STANDARD_COOKIE_FILTER=OFF wdisp/system_4 = SID=DEF, EXTSRV=https://xray.hana.ondemand.com:443, SRCURL=/resources/sap/dfa/help/, SRCSRV=*:*, STANDARD_COOKIE_FILTER=OFF
- Enter [ESC]:wq (to write the file and quit the vi editor)
- Lastly, restart the Web Dispatcher. Log on to https://vhcals4hcs.dummy.nodomain:44301/sap/admin/public/default.html with user bpinst and password Welcome1 (for this URL to work, you need to maintain your local hosts file)
- In Core System > Monitor > Status, choose Shutdown SAP Web Dispatcher from the drop-down menu and confirm.
- Reload the Fiori Launchpad in your browser and the question mark with the User Assistance will be visible.
“Manage Customer Returns” app (scope item BKP, Advanced Customer Returns)
On the ‘Manage Customer Returns’ app, it’s not possible to select the Return Document number and to activate the ‘Determine Refund’ button. If trying to access the link ‘ Refund Determination’ from the document number, an error ‘ the request Resource not found’ is displayed.
As a workaround, you can use the app “Determine Customer Refund”.
“Display Outbound Delivery” app (scope item 1IU, Customer Consignment)
The “Output Control” button is not active.As a workaround: from the initial screen of the app, select More > Outbound Delivery > Issues Delivery Output
“Manage Debit Memo Requests” app (scope item BDQ, Invoice Correction Process with Debit Memo)
The PDF output for order type CBII Invoice Increase Req. is not possible.
“Manage Credit Memo Requests” app (scope item BKL, Invoice Correction Process with Credit Memo)
No output possinle for doc type RK Invoice Correct. Request..
“Change Maintenance Notification” app (scope item BH1, Corrective Maintenance)
On the “Change maintenance notification” app, assigning an order to a notification is not possible. As a workaround, use the app “Manage Notification List” to assign orders.