Expert Chat – Now available for SAP Business ByDesign & SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
To help you get answers to product-related questions even faster, SAP is now extending Expert Chat services to SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer also. The live chat function connects you to SAP technical support experts, instantly. This service is best when you need immediate technical support.
To learn how easily you can access this channel, read steps below. Click here for FAQs.
Step 1. Login as a key-user to the respective Tenant.
Step 2. Click Help Center (same process used for reporting an incident).
Step 3. In the Help Center window, under “You Can Also” menu, “Chat with SAP Expert” option is available.
Step 4. Click “Chat with an SAP Expert” to contact SAP Support for your product-related, technical questions.
Step 5: Upon clicking “Chat with an SAP Expert” a new chat window opens:
Step 6: Complete the form by providing information as per below:
- Description – Explain briefly, the query / subject for which you want to initiate the chat.
- Application Area – Enter the connected business area.
- First & Last Name – Enter your First and Last Name.
- Email Address – Valid business email address which is maintained with the key user in the application.
- Captcha. – Unique alphanumeric numbers.
Step 7. If Expert Chat is available for the application area you have chosen and all the mandatory details have been entered, Start Chat button will get activated to initiate the chat:
Step 8: Press the “Start Chat” button. The chat session will now open in a new browser window. Start chatting with the SAP support engineer.
You also have the option to share your screen to demonstrate the scenario if necessary. The screen-sharing feature is available as “View Only” and only after you provide consent by clicking on the relevant button. The steps to start screen sharing are:
- SAP support engineer will share a link in the chat window; you need to download a web-app (takes less than 2 minutes) which initiates a secure screen-sharing session.
- Press “Run” to download GoToAssist Corporate:
- SAP support engineer will then send the request to initiate the screen sharing session:
- Press “Ok” to allow SAP support engineer to start the screen sharing session.
- You may use the buttons listed below to control the screen-sharing session:
- – to Pause the screen sharing.
- – to Stop the screen sharing session.
- – to Collapse the screen
- To end the Screen sharing session, simply press the stop button or click on “File” and then “Exit”.
At the end of the Chat interaction with SAP Support, you may close the chat window. You may want to save the chat transcript for your reference before closing the chat window.
Please take a few seconds and complete the 1-question survey to share your experience with Expert Chat:
If you are still using the Silverlight UI for SAP Business ByDesign or SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer, we strongly encourage you to migrate to the HTML5 UI in order to benefit from Expert Chat. If you are using Responsive UI (RUI), please switch to HTML5 UI to access Expert Chat,
Expert Chat is available for all support levels and connects you to the same SAP engineers who work on incidents. However, Expert Chat provides a quicker and a more efficient issue resolution. You can use Expert Chat service for no additional charge as an alternative to creating a support incident.
- Refer Expert Chat FAQs specific to SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
- Watch the Expert Chat video for information on how to launch Expert Chat for other SAP Solutons.
Thanks for sharing this Raman.
Another milestone achieved in providing real-time support to our ByDesign and C4C customers. Thank you Raman Gupta for providing a simple and clear overview on how to use Expert Chat.
Thank you for the info. Small correction in Step 3 here, the option is available under Help Resources instead of 'You can also'
It is shown correctly in the screenshot though.
Good idea, but this is the result from my first try. Are the experts available 24/7?