This article serves as the entry point to inform you on Built-in Analytics in SAP Business ByDesign (ByD)
Please bookmark this link to always find the latest answers to the following questions:
- How to find getting started information on Built-in Analytics?
- What are latest developments of the current release 1802?
- What are frequently asked questions and mission critical business topics,
which will help you to better leverage the built-in analytics offering in BYD.
In this article we want to provide a central place with important resources, documents, training materials and blogs for easy access to all relevant assets on built-in analytics.
Table of Content
- Introduction into built-in Analytics
- Getting started information
- What’s new in 1802 – Important Release Information on Built-in Analytics
- Frequently asked questions and important featured topics
- Outlook and next steps
What means Built-in Analytics within SAP Business ByDesign (ByD):
SAP Business ByDesign is a cloud-based ERP solution, which delivers integrated and insight-driven business processes for mid-size companies. Accordingly built-in analytics is a key theme for SAP Business ByDesign and customers get the analytics content as an integrated part of their standard processes out-of-the box. As a result customers get full transparency into all aspects of their business processes.
What are the aspects of built-in analytics, which make the difference:
- Uis connects insighs to actions
User Interfaces embed analytical insights in the context of your daily work to make better decisions at the right-time in the context of your business processes.
- Model-driven Adaptability
Within SAP Business ByDesign customers use an integrated approach to adapt and extend the business objects and processes. Every adaptation is made available via key user tools for analytical data sources, reports and KPIs.
- Business Processes integrate Analytics
- When you scope and configure a business process all related analytics content is made available out of the box. (e.g. Access rights to transactional and analytical data are managed consistently are assigned to users via work centers.)
- The insights are based on live data and it is ensured that each number can be immediately explained by navigating to the underlying business document.
Getting Started Information
You will find a quick introduction into built-in Analytics by looking the the following assets, ressources and videos:
by Rainer Zinow
|Latest Version of the video training BYD||Video|
|Introduction into KPIs,
and Overview Page
|Preview of KPI and Report Cards
in Release 1802:
|Create your first KPI
(3 simple steps)
KPI Creation updated for Release 1802
|Multidimensional Reporting within
Analysis Pattern Ui
|Introduction how to analyze your business
with analysis pattern – Video to come…
Open SAP Training
Reporting with SAP Business ByDesign
Introduction into the following content:
Week 1: Introduction and Getting Started
Please note that the current training is
Highlights of the current release 1802
Please find the video on release highlights here
Analysis Pattern simplified in HTML5 Client
The multidimensional reporting within the Analysis Pattern allows customers to understand the impact of each characteristic and key figure on their business.
Important Highlights are:
Improved KPI Monitoring in HTML5
Important Highlights are:
Personalized Overview Page with KPI and Report Cards
The personalized Overview screen under the Home work center is now enhanced with additional settings, which allow you to prepare the relevant KPI and Report Cards for your daily monitoring.
Creating KPIs from report data
As a key user, you can now create new KPIs from your report data within the Design Reports view.
Retrieving Analytics Data from Data Sources using OData ServicesIn addition to the existing OData API for reports, which exposes aggregated report data via the consumption layer for a business user, it is now possible to expose raw data in basis data sources and combined data sources via OData API for data sources using a communication user.
|further release highlights…|
Frequently asked Questions
|Current application example from CRM||Where can I find a nice demo showing the new UI in 1711 from application perspective?|
|Excel-based Reporting||Where can I find examples and Infos on exce-based Reporting ?||Open SAP
Course – Week4
|KPI Monitoring||How to create and personalize a KPI?||Video|
|KPI Monitoring||Is there an easy way to upload and download KPIs?||Video|
|Key User Tools|
|Documentation on Data Sources||How can I better understand the content, delivered from
SAP as integral part of the BYD Processes?
|Openess / BYD – SAC Integration|
|How to extend BYD Analytics with SAP Analytics Cloud?||SAP Analytics cloud is recommended to support the following analysis and planning scenarios:
– reporting across cloud applications
– advanced dash-boarding and visualization
– planning and predictive scenarios
|Learn more on ODATA API for Data Sources||How do I scope, activate and use the new ODATA API ?
– How to scope the new feature?
– How to create a communication arrangement?
– Howt to expose a data source?
– How to test my ODATA Service?
– How to expose Code Lists ?
|How to access data from third party clients ?||In the current release ByD provides for each report an ODATA API, which delivers the underlying result set for
third party reporting clients.An improved interface for data replication on data source level is currently in preparation.
|ODATA API for Reporting Clients|
|How to integrate Planning Data from SAC with BYD?||In this video we show an example how you
1) replicate actuals to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
2) plan your values in SAC
3) export the plan values and import to BYD
4) use a cloud data source in BYD to load the data
5) Combine actual and plan values for variance analysis
Outlook and Next Steps:
Looking at the road map for built-in analytics you will find the following key themes, which determine the strategic directions of future investments in SAP Business ByDesign Analytics:
- Further leverage HTML5 and simplify analytics UIs for casual users.
- Execute on the overview page concepts incl. KPI and report cards.
In a next step we will extend the overview page under home to all work center overview pages and enable key user adaptation. Custom-built overview pages will become a subsequent step on this path.
- Simplify adaptation and key user tools
Reuse of delivered content in custom reporting scenarios is a key area of improvement.
Key topics here are improved transparency into existing content, simplifications of key user tools and completion of existing application content.
Beyond the built-in analytics scenario the side by side reporting with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , Business Warehouse as well as third party platforms are key.
To achieve this we started a new ODATA API in 1802, which will form the basis for future data replication scenarios and improved SAC integration.