New SAP Gateway Demo System available
- 23.01.2018 – Show how to enter a TCODE
- 29.05.2018 – Added the section “What you can’t do with the SAP Gateway Demo System”
- 26.09.2018 – Added links to the $metadata documents of the SAP Fiori Reference Apps
- 10.05.2019 – Added link to reset your password
- 29.09.2019 – Added link to the trial offering of SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment
- 10.02.2021 – Added information about two read-only services that do not require any authentication
- 08.09.2023 – Access via WebGui has been disabled
What you can’t do with the SAP Gateway Demo System
- You can’t access the system via Web Gui, since access via WebGui has been disabled
- You can’t develop your own repository objects such as tables, CDS views or classes to ensure stabiltity of the system. If you want to develop your own OData Services you have to get a trial version. Here we have two options:
- On premise:
There is a new trial version for ABAP available for download as described in this blog post:
- SAP Cloud Platform:
Here you can try out the new trial offering for SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP Environment as described in my blog: It’s Trial Time for ABAP in SAP Cloud Platform
- On premise:
- Access is limited to either
- Fiori Launchpad
- OData and
- You will not find any real Business data in this System since ES5 is just a pure SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.51 System without having a SAP S/4HANA system running on top of it.
How to do I get a user?
As with the predecessor system you have to sing up for an account in ES5. To do so simply follow this link:
How can I reset my password?
If you forgot your password you simply have to click on the same link that you have used to Register for a new user:
The new SAP Gateway System is based on SAP NetWeaver 751 and thus comes with several new features as opposed to the predecessor system ES4 which was based on SAP NetWeaver 740.
SAP Fiori Launchpad and SAP Fiori Reference apps
For all users we have configured SAP Fiori Launchpad where you will find four applications that have been deployed.
Demo services for SAP Fiori development
You can use SAP Business Appplication Studio to develop SAP Fiori applications on top of the demo services that are provided in the SAP Gateway demo system.
SAP Fiori Sample Applications
As an example you will find OData services that allow you to create SAP applications based on SAP Fiori Sample Applications.
Approve Purchase Orders
A SAP Fiori Reference Application used to demonstrate the approval process
Oased on the EPM model This is a master-detail applicatiom
A SAP Fiori Reference Application used to demonstrate a shopping scenario on the EPM model This is a full screen application.
A SAP Fiori Reference Application used to demonstrate the creation and maintenance of product entities for the EPM model This app is Oased on Fiori Elements
A SAP Fiori Reference Application used to demonstrate an over,new ofthe EPM model. This app is based on the new SAP Fiori Elements Overview page.
Sample service GWSAMPLE_BASIC
There is also the well known basic sample service GWSAMPLE_BASIC available that provides you with a practical, working OData service with meaningful content that supports basic OData operations.
The following link would provide you a list of items of a sales order from the Enterprise Procurement demo data:
You can find more information about the basic sample service in the SAP Online Documentation
OData V4 demo service
In ES5 there is now also a first demo service available that supports OData V4.
More details can be found in the following blog OData V4 code based implementation – Overview.
Also the RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT service is available
Services that do not require authentication
We have added the following two services for read-only access that do not require any authentication.
We do not have a service that allows updates and creates without an authentication since for this you need a CSRF token which is not issued by the ICF framework when an ICF node contains hardcoded credentials.
EPM Demo Sales Orders
EPM Demo Products
Which type of Access do I have?
After you have signed up for an account you can access the demo system in various ways:
SAP Business Application Studio
In your SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit you have to create a destination using the following data:
# #Tue Dec 05 14:36:33 UTC 2017 Description=SAP Gateway Demo System Type=HTTP TrustAll=true Authentication=NoAuthentication WebIDEUsage=odata_abap, bsp_execute_abap, odata_gen Name=ES5 WebIDEEnabled=true CloudConnectorVersion=2 URL=https\://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com ProxyType=Internet sap-client=002 WebIDESystem=ES5
You can simply create a text file that contains the above mentioned data and import the destination as follows:
- Login to the SAP Cloud Server Cockpit
- Select your account
- Click Connectivity
- Click Destinations
- Click Import Destination
- Select your destination configuration file and click Open.