This blog is intended for users of the below mentioned product versions which have been End-of-Life since December 31st, 2011
Business Objects Data Integrator XI R2 Accelerated (11.7.3) and lower versions
Unsupported. End-of-Life since December 31, 2011
Click here for reference.
Business Objects Data Integrator XI R2 Accelerated (11.7.3) and previous versions required a node-locked-license key file to activate and run the software. This key file was specific to the server host used for installing the Data Integrator server component based on host id information. SAP has been extending support to the user base of the above-mentioned product and its versions from the license key file generation and provisioning perspective, in situations where the server host id changed at the user end. After December 31st, 2019, this extended support of node-locked-license key file provisioning will not be available. This will impact the users as their investments on Data Integrator have a potential to cease operations.
SAP Data Services is the successor of the Business Objects Data Integrator product and the versions mentioned above. Current GA version of SAP Data Services is 4.2 SP9 Patch 01. It is advised to upgrade to the current version. The upgrade process may add some additional work and extensive regression testing on the ETL flows as there is a considerable amount of internal code and architecture change over the period. By and large a majority of the code will be inherited and upgraded.
High-level benefits include:
- Improved and highly optimized Data Services engine can cut down the runtime of the jobs.
- Expanded integration to a bigger list of data systems and applications for on premise as well as cloud solutions
- Additional and improved transforms for data quality and data integration
- Data Integration scalability at enterprise level
- Advanced data extortion and data transport methods for SAP Applications data
- Data Integration for structured and unstructured data
- Elimination of Node-locked-License key file
- 24/7 SAP Support availability
If you have any questions on the above-mentioned Data Integrator version, please contact your Account Manager at SAP. If you do not know who your account manager is, please contact Customer Interaction Center (CIC).