Load missing documents using SLT
I am an ABAP consultant with over 9 years of SAP ABAP experience. I am currently working as an SAP ABAP and SAP SLT consultant since 1.5 years on a Central Finance Implementation project.
Recently, I came across a scenario where some of the documents were accidentally deleted from the quality target environment, I then had to figure out a way to load the specific documents only, without impacting any other existing documents.
I am writing this blog to detail out the steps that need to be followed if the same situation occurs while using SLT for your projects.
In this blog I am going to discuss the steps to be followed to load such documents using SLT. I will take an example of loading an internal order, stored in the table AUFK.
- Login to the system where SLT is installed, or to the standalone SLT system
- Every record that gets replicated via SLT, gets logged into the table DMC_FM_RESTART. If the same record is re-loaded SLT will not load the document.
- In order to perform the re-load successfully, check if there are entries for the AUFK table and mass transfer id XXX in the table DMC_FM_RESTART
- If there are entries, delete them using the program DMC_FM_RESTART_COPY_DELETE
- Now go to LTRC transaction, activate the specific Mass transfer id XXX as required
- Go inside the Mass transfer ID and navigate to GoTo –> Advanced Replication Settings or go to LTRS transaction
Now right click on performance options and add table AUFK
- Double click on the table, and select “Sender Queue” from the reading type drop down. This will enable the filter screen.
- Click on AUFK, use the create filter option, and create the filters for the order you want to load
- Specify the required information, and click on save. Make sure to add the required leading zeroes, do not add the single quotes manually, system automatically adds it.
If you add manually, it will become a double quote and system will not understand it, resulting in a dump.
- Now go back to the Mass transfer ID in LTRC T-Code
Select “Data Provisioning” and add the table AUFK with “Start Load” option
- Monitor the progress in “Data Transfer Monitor”, once the loaded flag is set, check the target system for the loaded IO.
- In case multiple field filters are required, then use the “filter condition” option as visible in step 8. This will allow multiple field filters, for a particular document
Similar steps can be used for any other table.
I am planning to write more blogs related to SLT, on specific issues/scenarios that I faced during the project implementation, which are not available in standard SAP documentations or are difficult to find/search.
In case of any queries, please get back to me.
Useful document.Sure it will help me in future.Thanks a lot.
Nice document. I have some query related to rule assignment at LTRS. I am trying to filter the internal order from AUFK table based on order type. and, for that i have added rule for AUFK table with rule type "Event Related" with Assignment Target "Begin of Record" and added include Name Inside inlcudes, I have written below logic:-
if <wa_s_aufk>-auart EQ 'Z202'.
Then, I changed status from "New" to "Released". but this rule is not working. Internal order created from source system is getting replicated to central finance system when document type is not equal to "Z202".
Can you please let me know if i am missing anything or anything wrong.And, I am not able to debug it. Please let me know to debug it.
I am waiting for your response; i need the repose on urgent basis. your help would be highly appreciated.
Did you try with a field based rule?
Hi Manish Gupta,
Please share the detailed documentation of Central Finance implementation and errors handling, if you have any.
Who is the responsible person to configure / mapping data in SLT ? Is it ABAPer or a BAIS ?
Please refer to the below link (you can refer to the sap help site for the latest versions)
As far as mapping is concerned, it can be done by ABAPer and Basis both, depends on you. Moreover, there are BADI's provided by SAP for doing any mappings etc, which gives you a free hand to do complex mappings.
It would be really helpfull if you could guide me through the process specifically for SLT. We have installed the staging tables and also uploaded the LIST / DATA files using the upload program. The source is MSSQL and we are bringing data into SLT using BODS. The target is CFIN HANA and the next steps are totally in the dark. Your help would be highly appreciated. BODS team has uploaded the data in these staging tables and now we need to push it to CFIN HANA DB. I also made changes and added the per-defined template objects. However, i am not able to add the same tables in Data Provisioning under LTRC.
Kindly advise. Thanks
Its difficult to explain the complete process here, please refer to the admin guide.
Thanks Manish. Our first resort was the Admin guide but that didn't come to our rescue. However, we have solved the issue and everything is now working as expected. There were some patch upgrades for the DMIS component which fixed it. Your blog has been really helpful though for a kick start.
Nice blog with useful program names. I have a question regarding the filters. I believe you are doing this only with Initial load option. What will happen to existing Replication which is currently ongoing for AUFK table? Will there be any impact to replication process of AUFK?
Also on another note, if you modify any existing filters in LTRS table settings under Replication, Do we need to re-do entire replication from beginning or SLT will automatically set the replication pointer from going forward data?
I never tried it, but I think it will consider for the data going forward. Do let me know what was the actual outcome.
We are facing with issue related to NON-SAP to SAP replication.
Our Scenario : few files from BODS has reached SLT. But from SLT it did not replicate to central finance system
We could see the entries in the table /1LT/CF_E_HEADER but not in the table DMC_FM_RESTART with the status (Failure) .
Is there any way to push these to central finance when entries are not there in table DMC_FM_RESTART
I never tried this scenario myself.
Did you tried this scenario:
If we modify any existing filters in LTRS table settings under Replication, Do we need to re-do entire replication from beginning or SLT will automatically set the replication pointer from going forward data?