SAP Integrated Business Planning 1711 – now available
Time to have a chat with Thomas Klemm, Chief Product Owner of SAP Integrated Business Planning to talk about some of the fundamental enhancements, performance improvements, and new features in this quarter’s release.
The key points to take away from this interview:
- Quality and Stability First: We have made this paradigm to our core principle in the last development cycles. For our customers, it stands for smooth quarterly upgrades and new functionality that was thoroughly tested before each release.
- Performance: All development teams are committed and involved in this initiative. We see huge effects in the 1711 release especially with the copy operator runtimes, statistical forecasting, and interactive disaggregation which will benefit a broad variety of our customers. We are continuing our efforts in the upcoming releases!
- Continuous, quarterly innovations like on-the-fly calculation of subtotals in the Excel Planning Views, easy copying between planning areas, and new integration capabilities of the order-based planning processes in IBP with SAP S/4HANA (on premise).
Next to the mentioned key enhancements, our customers will see a variety on new functionality and usability enhancements, such as
- New Fiori App for Managing S&OP Process Templates
- Integration und usage of Point-of-Sale (POS) Data in Demand Sensing to further improve the forecast accuracy
- Further enhancements to Supply Planning and Inventory Optimization algorithms
- And many more…
In-depth information on all enhancements of SAP IBP 1711 can be found in this recorded 2h webinar, hosted by the topic experts from SAP IBP Product and Solution Management:
With our quarterly webinar series, we provide a comprehensive update on the latest enhancements of IBP in the newest release for our customers and partners. For this purpose, we bring our product experts on the call to talk about their area, show live demos, answer questions, and provide further information around the upgrades as well as customer influence possibilities.
A summary of all recent and upcoming events and webinars around IBP can be found here.
Customer Influence Portal – Thank you!
Many of you have quickly adopted our Customer Influence Portal, a new channel for our customers to submit their improvement ideas and vote for ideas of others. We have first introduced this new channel in May 2017. To date we have already received 134 ideas and are currently within our first review phase. We are considering all ideas with more than 5 votes from other customers. Moving forward, this channel will help us to systematically collect new ideas and prioritize them accordingly for our backlog planning.
A big thank you from my side to all who took the time to contribute by submitting and voting for new ideas!
I furthermore invite you to learn more about SAP Integrated Business Planning and our roadmap:
Stay tuned for the next release of SAP Integrated Business Planning – planned to be released in February 2018!
Franz Hero on Twitter
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter too, you can find me at: https://twitter.com/HeroFranz