Today, customers expect personalized, proactive support. Whether you log on to one of our portals, or speak to an SAP support expert, ideally you are presented with just the right amount of information, based on the products you use.
To some extent, this has been a shortcoming of the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. While the launchpad comprises all the applications you need to administer your SAP system landscape, access to these resources has been task-driven: By clicking one of the homepage tiles, you first choose one of the tools, and only in the second step do you specify which system or product you want to use.
With the Q4 release on November 18th, 2017, this started to change. If you are a member of our piloting program, personalized “Support by Product” pages give you easy access to relevant content. Most importantly, they eliminate the need to search for information across multiple sites like the SAP Help Portal, SAP Community, SAP Support Portal, or the launchpad.
Here’s what you’ll see in the pilot: On the launchpad’s homepage, you will find a My Products tile. It gives you access to pages about product versions(1) that you have marked as favorites. As an alternative, you can also use the launchpad’s central search tool to find a product.
The product page itself consists of several sections represented by tabs:
- SAP Knowledge Base Articles help you find answers to questions arising from your daily work with the product version. Please note that SAP Notes, coding corrections, are not directly assigned to products or product versions. Thus, they are not included here. SAP plans to expand the list and show SAP Notes in a future release.
- Documentation for the product version includes installation and upgrade, master and security guides, release notes and more – assets that you’d usually find in the SAP Help Portal.
- Guided Answers for the product. Via a set of questions and selections, they guide you through troubleshooting steps. Each step concludes with a potential solution to the problem.
- Questions & Blogs for the product, pulled directly from the SAP Community website. Learn interesting facts about the product that other customers have shared with their peers.
- Downloads for the product version, links to installations and upgrades – as well as support packages and patches in the SAP Software Download Center.
- Systems the product version is installed on. Note: This tab is hidden if such a system doesn’t exist in your company’s landscape.
Soon a Featured Content tab will round off the picture. It will show editorial content that is hosted in the SAP Support Portal. In the portal, similar pages will become available for selected product versions soon. Like their “counterparts” in the launchpad, product pages in the SAP Support Portal will integrate documentation, SAP Community content, and Guided Answers. KBAs will be presented as previews. Note: Downloads and the Systems tab won’t be offered here.
SAP plans to launch product pages in the SAP Support Portal soon. For easy access to additional content, they will refer to their counterparts in the launchpad, which will be released to all customers at that time. So please stay tuned!
Product pages offer endless opportunities:
- In future releases, new content sections could be added for comprised software components versions, or available support packages.
- Or what about a “dashboard” that complements your list of favorite products, and offers an at-a-glance view on news and updates? For instance, it could give you direct access to new KBAs or blog posts about one of your favorite products. The launchpad’s central notification service would inform you about these updates through email and other channels.
- Finally, you may want to use a product page as a springboard to start working on a task. You can report an incident; renew a license key; or download software directly from here. Product pages will then provide an alternate entry point to support services, in addition to the tiles and applications offered on the launchpad homepage.
If you’d like to join us on this exciting journey and share your ideas with us, the following might be of interest for you:
Piloting Program SAP ONE Support Launchpad
We invite interested customers and partners to a special piloting program for the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. In this program, we offer roll-out and feedback sessions. We present new functionality that has become available since the previous release; give an outlook and insight on what we are currently working on; and collect and discuss feedback and ideas with participants. Sessions are held every 6-8 weeks. All interested parties can participate without obligations. The only prerequisite is a valid Feedback Agreement with SAP.
In case you would like to be involved and invited to future sessions, simply send an email to my colleague Arno Helmling containing your name, S-user ID, e-mail address, and the name of your company.
(1) To simplify matters, we are talking about products, while the new product pages are in fact about product versions, for instance SAP NetWeaver version 7.5, SAP Transportation Management version 9.4 etc.