Product Management Update: SAP #S4HANA Cloud 1711 for Manufacturing
In this blog, we will give you an overview of the 1711 release updates for S/4HANA cloud for Manufacturing. Once more the high cycle rate of innovations kept us very busy in the last quarter for the sole purpose to stay on top and provide our customers the best and most intelligent Cloud ERP solution available in the market place.To get an idea of the highlights in manufacturing, please have a look at this video:
The innovations for manufacturing which are available with SAP S/4HANA 1711 and which you can look at in the video are:
- Quality Management
- User experience
- End to end integration with Manufacturing Execution System
Let us first look at the functionalities that deliver the above topics.
Quality Management – Complaint process handling:
In quality management, we now have complaint processes handling. We have two best practices “Quality Management for Complaints from Customers” and “Quality Management for Complaints Against Suppliers”.
With this you can better manage relationships with customers and suppliers by resolving issues faster by identifying the right internal or external issues at the right time. You can manage and process internal and external problems by monitoring the progress. Subsequently, you can implement actions to eliminate problems and their causes and to prevent defects from reoccurring.
We support complaint processes with quality notifications with ability to manage complaints by helping you document the causes of recorded defects, to implement corrective and preventive actions, and to monitor the correction of these problems. With this, now, quality engineers can process different types of problems (for example, problems resulting from poor-quality goods or services).
Quality Management for Complaints from Customers:
- Capture complaint details, related defects, causes, and activities in one place
- Manage different types of activities (for example immediate, corrective, and preventive actions)
- Assign a person responsible to each action and track action status and outcome
Quality Management for Complaints Against Suppliers:
- Capture basic information and inform the supplier.
- Manage defects and tasks as well as capture the root causes identified by the supplier.
Record defects with SAP CoPilot and manage defects
One of the processes introduced, with new user experience, in Quality Management, is the ability to record and display defects.
This functionality helps improves quality and optimize processes while reducing costs and increasing productivity – with defect records. Improve productivity and collaboration efforts to keep business continuity. You can rely on complete visibility before taking actions.
- You can record defects manually that need to be documented and rectified
- Identify quality problems, such as in the production process, and comprehensively evaluate the defect data
- Determine what corrective action is necessary to eliminate the cause of the defect and prevent re-occurrence
- Utilize co-pilot to ensure business continuity with ability to pick up the defects create it directly without leaving the context – we introduce the SAP CoPilot to help collaborate efficiently to record and handle defects to optimize processes while improving quality
- Manage the defects overtime with complete information transparency
In addition, with our new overview page, you can manage quality level in order to tighten or reduce inspection scope.
You can easily identify all data that relates to the dynamic modification of the inspection scope by using the data from the past inspection valuations to calculate the current inspection scope.
You can analyze quality levels with the analytical app with skip rate and further analytical capabilities.
Inventory KPI Analysis on obsolete stock
Typically, companies fail to identify obsolete (dead) stock in time to be able to take actions and still be able to generate revenue while reducing the inventory costs. At the same time, the companies also fail to utilize the right type of stock due to lack of transparency over presence of obsolete inventory. With this release, we bring to the capability to record, get complete visibly and take follow on actions on dead stock to ensure focus on selling right stock at the right time.
With the new functionality, you can get improved profits by taking timely actions on the inventory, get complete visibility over types of inventory to take follow on actions and have the ability to classify in order to take better decisions in a timely manner.
Dead stock analysis app enables easy visibility with ability to take follow-up actions
- Filter and select the right type of material value over the different plants
- Ability to aggregate stock value differently at different levels
- Record a dead stock data (especially its stock end value, end quantity, no consumption dates as well as no movement dates)
- Take follow on steps in goods movement for dead stock based on the analysis performed through the new application
Demand driven replenishment overview
Get complete overview of the buffer level management and replenishment situation to identify deviations, critical buffers and reorder point situation. With this, planners can trigger the appropriate actions, periodically check the buffer situations and see whether the adjustments are appropriate and take follow on actions to ensure the right planning.
With this get timely actions to ensure the right planning and gain immediate insights to drive faster business decisions and optimal source performance based on right strategic replenishment levels
- An overview page for the planners capturing the key performance indicators over all the different steps of demand driven replenishment
- Drill down into the details of the buffer, replenishment planning issues or the execution criteria to take timely actions
- Ensure a single point of view for all the different actions required to get a holistic view before adjusting reorder points
End to End integration between S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Manufacturing Execution System
Integration of SAP Manufacturing Execution to Production Operation offers you intelligence on the shop floor, enables a batch size of one, supports handover from engineering to manufacturing, and provides state-of-the art production execution.
With the end to end integration, we increase connectivity between business processes and machines. We enable standardized processes across plants and paper-based tracking systems to get accurate and end-to-end product trace-ability information. You can identify quality issues due to procedures, specifications, or materials. With the end to end Rapid Deployment solution for leveraging Big Data to gain real-time visibility into operations and enable better predictive maintenance.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is the system of record for all master data and a Manufacturing Execution System or a Shop Floor System is the system of record for all WIP (work in process) data.
The following process ensures simplified integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud of Manufacturing Execution Systems to Production Operation.
- Transfer planned or production orders and quality inspection data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP Manufacturing Execution
- Execute manufacturing processes and track work in process status
- Log non-conformances and perform manufacturing exception handling
- Diagnose, repair, and scrap manufactured materials
- SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer plug-in
- Update unit and order status and check manufacturing execution results in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Check results in Line Monitor
Last but not the least, we have released the following APIs to enable you to build additional integration capabilities.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1711 Release Blog
- Best practices for all the cloud editions here
- OpenSAP course ‘Extending SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA’
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK sap.com/s4sdk
- Help Portal Product Page
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA
Very Nice, Thanks for sharing.
Highly Informative. Thanks for sharing.