SAP TechEd Barcelona Recap
SAP TechEd Barcelona last week was a wonderful event! Jam packed with SAP Community fun 🙂 The event began for me Monday evening with the SAP Mentor reception – an opportunity to connect with both old and new friends spanning many years.
Tuesday morning launched the event with Bjoern Goerke’s great keynote in which he helped celebrate the mentors’ 10 year anniversary.
The SAP Community team (see them in action below) spent the next 3 days busy on the show floor engaging with community, answering questions and helping spread the word via social and selfie photo fun (an example is Darius Heydarian tweet below).
The team ran multiple networking sessions on topics such as empathy (Moshe Naveh) and brand awareness (Jamie Cantrell). We also held several sessions sharing our new prototype and were pleased the question asked most often was ‘how soon can it be released’.
There were daily recaps taped by Jerry Janda :
We also had daily Lego contests organized by Mynyna Chau which showcased our members creativity. I was especially impressed with the great selling skills of our final day contestants when sharing their star trek creations 🙂
(Image: group 2 participants who needed to create a goat in honor of Capra)
For me Community is all about people. I love SAP TechEd events since I get to interact directly with our community and encourage many who are mainly ‘readers’ to try and engage more online. I also get to meet old friends (too many to name but wonderful to see them again!) and even honor our award winners (such as Raquel Pereira da Cunha below).
This year an added element of fun was our online caption contests done by the very talented Caroleigh Deneen . Be sure to check out the funny comments Capra Caption Contest – Barcelona Style and especially that of our Barcelona winner, @jeremy.good.
If you were unable to attend I recommend checking out one or two of the blogs below sharing different aspects of the event and hope to see you at a future SAP TechEd!
Additional SAP TechEd Barcelona Posts:
- Behind the scenes of SAP TechEd – the perseverant SAP IT team!
- Next Stop: SAP TechEd Barcelona! Find Out How SAP Knowledge Offerings Can Help Accelerate Your Learning
- Boldly Going Beyond with SAP Leonardo IoT Bridge
- My SAPTechEd Guide ( or survival guide )
- SAP TechEd Takeaways to SAP Business One Developers
- My Experience @SAPTechEd Barcelona
- The amazing TechEd Barcelona 2017 – Quick review
- Mindfulness Moments @ SAP TechEd Barcelona
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2 – Change Request Management session at SAP TechED Barcelona 2017