[Updated: January 18, 2019]
This blog is continuation of my previous blog where I had explained about setting up Communication Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
In this episode I would like to explain the step by step procedure of using SAP API Business Hub so that we can use this to trigger/test our APIs from our SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant.
1. Launch SAP API Business Hub from https://api.sap.com/ :
There is a new UI design available in API Hub recently but in this blog we have used the snapshots from Classic Design. You can switch to classic design as highlighted in the snapshot below:
Go to APIs section:
2. Click on ‘Register’ button on top right corner:
3. Fill up the registration form and click ‘Register’ to get your user created:
You will receive a link for activation on the email id provided by you.
Note: This would be the user which can be used to access other SAP platforms like SAP.com and SAP Community Network. Hence you can skip Step-2 and Step-3 if you already have a user.
4. Login with your Username and Password:
5. Search for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and click to open the package:
6. Click on ‘Artifacts’ tab and search for your API (eg: Purchase Order – Create, Update, Delete), Click to open it:
7. Go to ‘Resource’ Tab and click ‘Configure’. This will set the target SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant where this API would be triggered (API Endpoint setting):
8. Provide details for configuration and click ‘Ok’:
Endpoint Alias: give any name
host: Host name of your SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant (eg: xxxx.s4hana.ondemand.com)
port: Port name of your SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant (check with your Administrator)
Username: Username of your Communication User (refer previous blog)
Password: Password of your Communication User
9. Your API Endpoint is now configured and ready to be used. Select the configured API Endpoint from drop down:
These steps have now enabled us to trigger this API in our own SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant, based on the method we need (like GET, POST etc.).
In my next blog, I would be explaining the steps to use ‘GET’ method of this API for fetching data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Disclaimer: This blog is based on SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1811 release.