SAP S/4HANA Cloud Integration – 1711 Release Highlights
SAP S/4HANA Cloud offers a digital core of standard business processes which can be easily extended and interfaced with other SAP best-of-breed cloud solutions. Our pre-built integrations AKA SAP Best Practices and public APIs address the key concerns of our enterprise customers and enable further extensions or integration with customer build and 3rd Party solutions.
The integration between the SaaS and the legacy applications (On-Premise) is the top concern for the enterprise (Source: Survey by Saugatuck Technology)
We believe our customers are best served when they have great integration capabilities with even better consumer grade implementation experience. Hence, we have grouped the 1711 release highlights into two main groups.
End to End Experience:
New grouping in SAP Best Practice Explorer:
In our 1711 release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, we made it easier to find the best practices for integration by introducing a new filter for integration as shown below. With this, you can find SAP-to-SAP and SAP to non-SAP integration best practices which provide easy usable templates that you can use without any modification or extend them to suite your needs.
A new and improved scope item grouping in SAP Best Practice Explorer
There are 28 unique best practice integration scope items available in this release. Most importantly they come with following valuable assets such as:
- Business process flow diagrams which helps you assess the scope of the integration, and their BPMN2 representations which you can use in your own business process modeling tool
- Setup instructions, so you can deploy and manage integrated business processes on your own or with help from a service provider
- Test scripts to find out if you implemented it right
Enhanced usability of SAP API Business Hub:
APIs are the key building blocks for realizing any customer’s unique integration or extensibility requirements. Now you can find API’s easily, find business context in which they could be used and here try them out without leaving the page where you found them.
Integration Implementations are made easier with SAP Roadmap Viewer
Many of the integration best practices can also be accessed from the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in the roadmap viewer. This way, you could easily perform the necessary tasks and learn about the required deliverables based on the phase of the implementation project.
SAP Roadmap Viewer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
New Integration Capabilities:
The above picture summarizes the out-of-the-box integration capabilities that are available. We have highlighted some of the key capabilities from our 1711 release for you below.
- Companies have been conducting business electronically via EDI for decades. In SAP S/4HANA Cloud SOAP web services can be used to connect via EDI and the best practices can be found using scope items Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Procurement with suppliers (2EJ) and Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Sales with buyers (2EL). For integration with third party warehouse management systems consider scope item 1ZQ.
- We also made it easier to integrate SAP S/4HANA Cloud with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll so you can track payroll related expenses.
- Additional master data replication from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP Fieldglass such as company codes and G/L Accounts will increase the level of automation in the entire end to end scenario.
You can also watch the video from Yannick Peterschmitt explaining the key integration highlights as part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1711 release:
You can always check our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Integration Checklist blog for the latest updates and videos, and learn all about the new release on our central landing page http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
If you have any question or suggestions, please feel free to comment on this blog.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Integration Product Management Team