Quick link: bit.ly/hanaspatial
The purpose of this page is to provide you with the one-stop-shop for helpful resources for your journey with SAP HANA Spatial. The page will be updated as needed. If you have a recommendation which is missing from here, by all means, please comment. We also offer an interactive workshop, Spatial Innovation Academy. More information to follow soon. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Brief overviews of SAP HANA advanced analytics capabilities and additional links. Did you know that HANA supports a wide range of advanced analytics capabilities? Many customers start with spatial. Why? Because your data already has the location data, just like your data has the time data. Soon, customers learn that HANA provides engines for machine-learning, predictive, graph, text, search, time series, and streaming analysis making “connected business” a reality.
Delivered by Markus Fath who kindly breaks down key spatial concepts and different components of HANA Spatial for you.
White-board style YouTube video of SAP HANA overview (7mins18 seconds) recorded in 2013.
SAP and Esri integration resources
An interactive SCN blog to answer commonly asked questions about how SAP and Esri solutions integrate and what is supported. It also contains additional links to Esri’s questions-and answer-pages and help guides
The official landing page for Esri support for SAP HANA
A great slide deck prepared by Esri experts summarising Esri ArcGIS support for SAP HANA
Download and use up to 32GB free of charge. Fees apply for additional usage. You can run it on your laptop or in a virtual environment on-premise or cloud. Especially handy if you need an environment easily accessible to you to try out spatial functionality, follow tutorials, do sample development, or connect Esri and other GIS tools to HANA.
Official SAP HANA Spatial reference guide. It is especially useful if you need to look up different functions and capabilities.
A step-by-step tutorial. The tutorials are more recommended for hands-on learners whereas the OpenSAP courses are appropriate for both hands-on and non-hands-on learning experience.
A demo application that makes it easy to learn how to build native SAP HANA applications. The demo application, delivered with SAP HANA in a special delivery unit (DU), comes complete with sample data and design-time developer objects for the application’s database
tables, data views, stored procedures, OData, and user interface.
The Earth Observation Analysis service allows you to analyze satellite imagery by making simple REST calls. The service provides a search mechanism for finding an image of interest, and can be used to extract specific information such as an NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index). Visit the YaaS market page to find out the latest promotions.
- SCN blog for getting started on YaaS
- YaaS market
- YaaS Dev portal
- Overview blog
- SAP Earth Observation Analysis package in the SAP API Business Hub
SAP Analytics Cloud is a SaaS-based Analytics tool for BI, Planning, and Predictive. It includes location analytics among many features. The location analytics features run natively on HANA Spatial and use Esri JS API.
- If you are using SAP Analytics Cloud in a hybrid mode connecting to another HANA instance on-premise or in the cloud, here is the instruction for how to model the HANA data.
- The modelling of HANA data is not necessary if you are importing data into SAP Analytics Cloud in a pure cloud scenario.
- Using Esri shapefiles from SAP Analytics Cloud
- Using Esri Feature layers from SAP Analytics Cloud
- An ArcGIS Pro trial, including access to ArcGIS Online
- SAP HANA, express edition.
- Esri Demographic sample dataset.
- Tutorials for working with SAP HANA data in ArcGIS Pro.
SAP Partner applications
The ultimate marketplace for SAP Partner applications.
- Search Geo ~ 200 results
- Search Location ~ 80 results
- Search Spatial ~ 7 results
- Search Map ~ 1000 results (which most likely includes non-spatial apps)