So, you need to upskill yourself and learn how to implement a specific solution like SAP HANA Administration & Operations analytics or get an understanding of what SAP Leonardo for Interned of Things (IoT) is. Where do you really start? There are tons of learning resources available to you but which one are the key ones that you should focus on? It’s hard to know where to begin, this is where Learning Journeys can help you find your way
What is a Learning Journey?
A Learning Journey is a structured visual guide to help a learner understand and navigate the complete path to become fully competent with a high-priority SAP Innovation.
It integrates all the relevant learning offerings or alternatives from various learning sources including openSAP, Classroom learning as well as all digital offerings available on the SAP Learning Hub or on other public platforms (e.g. YouTube)
In addition to helping learners to get a complete and meaningful picture of the content that is relevant to their learning goals, the Learning Journey also helps them to navigate to the offerings and manage the experience of completing a Learning Journey over time.
What do Learning Journey bring to learners?
- Help learners understand what they would need to do (or could do) to become fully competent in a Solution/Product/Topic
- Guide learners in their enablement by presenting clearly what options / alternatives are available to them
- As they go through their learning journeys overtime, help them manage their progress and focus (e.g. re-start a learning goal after trip, shift to a new goal, etc.)
Learning Journeys are structured in 4 learning scenarios
- Start with an overview: This scenario is designed for those who are just starting out with a topic or solution, and is meant to provide an overview of the topic of the Learning Journey (e.g., implementing S/4HANA), helping learners gain a general understanding of the topic.
- Become fully competent: This is the main scenario of the Learning Journey, and is meant to help learners gain in-depth knowledge of the topic. The direct result of this section should be an official SAP Certification, when available
- Stay Current: this scenario is built to ensure that learners can to stay up-to-date, and maintain their level of knowledge on the topic. This scenario contains delta content, and should result in a Stay Current Certification or Assessment, when available.
- Expand your skills: this is the final scenario of the Learning Journey, specifically designed to help learners broaden and strengthen their skills, and progress towards the next level of certification. When available, this scenario should lead to Professional or Specialist Certification.
How many Learning Journeys are there?
There are over 140 Learning Journeys covering the SAP solution and innovation topics. And we plan to roll out more as focus shifts and new solutions are released
Where can you find Learning Journeys?
As of today, Learning Journeys are public available on the SAP Help Portal *.
SAP Learning Hub subscribers can directly access the Learning Journeys overview page in the SAP Learning Hub itself by navigating to the Learning Journeys tab
SAP Learning Hub subscribers can even enrol to learning programs based on the Learning Journeys scenarios from within the Learning Journeys. When enrolling to a learning program, learners can immediately start to monitor their progress towards completing a Learning Journeys scenario. This is a brand-new feature which has just been rolled out
What is new?
To coincide with SAP TechEd Barcelona, we are launching a new visualization of the Learning Journeys. They key features are
- A new home on the SAP Help Portal
- Addition of search functionality to easily find Learning Journeys
- Improved filter functionality with streamlined topic list and roles
- Greater integration within SAP Learning Hub with the possibility to add existing Learning Programs based on Learning Journeys scenarios
- Enhanced interactivity of tiles (tile expansion) that provides more insight into the content available
- Sleeker design
Check out the Learning Journeys today and let us know your feedback here
* Please note: the former home of Learning Journeys on https://training.sap.com/learning will be shut down by November 30th 2017 but a redirect will be in place to bring you to the new Learning Journeys page