SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1709 – Architecture
Welcome back to the SAP Fiori in S/4HANA blog series brought to you by the S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group (RIG).
This blog provides a first overview on architecture and directs you to the basic sources of information. It is also part of a blog series about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1709.
This blog refers to the following releases:
- SAP S/4HANA 1709
- SAP Fiori 2.0
- SAPUI5 1.48
- SAP NetWeaver 7.52
Preparation: Basic Sources of Information
You can familiarize yourself with the basic architecture concepts in SAP S/4HANA we recommend to work through the following sources of information:
- 2482461 – SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA 1709: Release Information Note
- SAP Fiori Implementation Guide
- SAP Fiori Implementation Information
- 2217489 – Maintenance and Update Strategy for SAP UI (SAPUI5) in SAP Fiori Front-End Server
Overview: Architecture Components
To familiarize yourself with the basic building blocks/components you need for using SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1709, please refer to:
SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA 1709 Overview
Note: Don’t be confused by the URL even though it contains SAP S/4HANA release 1511 in its name, all information is updated to release 1709
This overview diagram describes the basic setup for an SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1709 on premise installation:
Please make sure you also read through the following SAP note:
- 2524632 – General Information: FIORI UI Infrastructure Components for products on SAP Frontend Server 4.0 (S4H)
Landscape Deployment: SAP Fiori front-end server
SAP Fiori front-end server 4.0 is an add-on product version for SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and delivers the front-end software components required to run Fiori 2.0 applications for S/4HANA 1709.
|S/4 HANA Release||
|SAP Netweaver (Recommended)||
|SAP Fiori Front-End Server||
Please refer to the following notes for more information on requirements:
- 2484979 – SAP Fiori front-end server 4.0 – General Information
- 2355644 – SAP Fiori front-end server 3.0 – General Information
- 2219596 – SAP Fiori front-end server 2.0 – General Information
Here you will find additional information concerning the landscape scenarios
- Landscape Deployment Recommendations for SAP Fiori Front-End Server
- Landscape Deployment Options for S/4HANA – LS Scenario IV (FES and S/4HANA)
Additional: Things to Check
- 1958586 – Telecommunication Network Prerequisites for SAP Fiori
- 1716423 – SAPUI5 Browser Support
- 1935915 – Fiori for Business Suite: Browser / Devices / OS Information
You’ll find much more on our SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA wiki
Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comments section.
SAP S/4HANA RIG
Great summary, thanks!
Hi, is it possible to
Also, with S/4 there is a strong dependency with Fiori (and the underlying netweaver) with the backend core. Thereby making the hub model not very flexible as the same system might not be compatible with other fiori apps of SAP Business Suite etc. Considering this there is traction towards moving to a embedded model. Can you please comment on this and also the performance aspects of such a setup?
Please check SAP Note
2590653 - SAP Fiori front-end server deployment for SAP S/4HANA
SAP recommends for landscapes with multiple SAP S/4HANA systems an embedded deployment of the SAP Fiori front-end server instead of a hub deployment, i.e. install the product version SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA together with the corresponding back-end product version SAP S/4HANA on the same system