New “Maintenance Road Map for SAP S/4HANA”
Update October 1, 2018:
The “Maintenance Road Map for SAP S/4HANA” has been renamed, and greatly extended to not only cover the upgrade case, but also the implementation of SAP Products in SAP S/4HANA.
Look up the blog “New SAP S/4HANA Upgrade and Product Integration Road Map” of Astrid Tschense for more details and updates on the new road map.
This blog will not be updated any longer.
Thank you and best regards
More than 1000 SAP customers are already live with SAP S/4HANA on-premise, and many of them are looking for further innovations coming with newer releases of SAP S/4HANA. To support those customers on their upgrade journey, SAP has created a new road map called “Maintenance Road Map for SAP S/4HANA“.
As you may know already, the SAP Roadmap Viewer holds all road maps for project deployments with the SAP Activate framework and methodology. Within each of the road maps, you will find all supporting content in the form of phases, work streams, activities, tasks, and accelerators for a complete end-to-end guided implementation experience.
There is a road map called “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” describing your first step towards SAP S/4HANA on-premise via:
- System conversion: You are for instance converting an SAP ERP 6.0 system to SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
- New implementation: You are newly installing an SAP S/4HANA system on-premise in addition to your existing SAP landscape.
- Landscape transformation: You are combining a transformation of your existing SAP landscape with your move to SAP S/4HANA.
- For the current status of this road map see the blog from Petra Kloess on “Transition to SAP S/4HANA On-Premise Roadmap Updates“.
The “Maintenance Road Map for SAP S/4HANA” describes your next step to upgrade SAP S/4HANA system on-premise to a newer version:
- For instance, you would like to upgrade from SAP S/4HANA 1511 to SAP S/4HANA 1709.
- In case you are unsure if you need to run a system conversion or an upgrade, please look at the attachment of SAP Note 2426277 – “Add. info. on converting to SAP S/4HANA using SUM 2.0 SP00”
The “Maintenance Road Map for SAP S/4HANA” has the same structure coming from SAP Activate (phases and work streams).
The picture above shows all activities required for an upgrade including the implementation of additional functional enhancements. However, in the SAP Road Map Viewer, you can also filter on activities required for a technical upgrade only.
This is the first version of the road map. It will be continuously enhanced to include new accelerators and service offerings from SAP. We look forward to your feedback in this blog using the comment feature below, or on the SAP Activate community on Jam.