I assume you have access to the full Stack Web IDE in a neo sub-account of cloud platform and its configured to hook up with your IoT Application Enablement in your cloud foundry sub-account of cloud platform. I also assume you have been able to build other applications with the Web IDE and in particular with the layout editor.
If you want to make your things show up on the map here are 2 key tips to make it work:
- You have to create a location object and associate your thing with it. This cannot be done in the Thing Modeler, you have to do this via REST. To do this
- first get a CSRF token
- then create a location object
- then retrieve the thing meta data
- lastly modify the thing meta data by adding the location.The below first 4 screenshots illustrate how this is done.
- In the layout editor you have to
- bind the view to /Things
- add the map to the view
- make the map element a template
- bind the map element fields to your thing id and latitude and longitude. See the last 4 screenshots for illustration
I hope this is helpful getting you started.