ECommerce has been on a steady growth path for the past few years. This steady growth brings forth a significant concept, that of the best eCommerce platforms to adopt for this kind of business. Just like in choosing the best wireless dog fence, there are various factors to consider in choosing the best eCommerce platform for your online business. Let’s look at the top 3 eCommerce platforms that can support your online business in 2017.
Hosting over 325,000 active online shops, Shopify is the leading eCommerce website building solutions provider. It has virtually everything you need to establish a fully-fledged online business. The platform pays special attention to social and mobile shopping. If you are just a beginner with conventional eCommerce requirements, Shopify could be the best choice for you.
Its most notable features include:
- Over 100 store templates to choose from
- At least 1500 apps to enhance your store’s functionality
- Ability to connect your store to Facebook and sell directly on Facebook
- A platform to engage with app developers in a bid to develop apps for your store
- Built-in mobile-friendly shopping cart
- Round the clock support via phone, live chat, and tutorials
Hosting over 55,000 online stores, BigCommerce is one of the top eCommerce website solutions providers. This platform basically supports stores of all sizes. If you have limited technical knowledge, or you just don’t have time to play around with the code, BigCommerce is the ideal platform for you. Namely, it boasts a comprehensive list of built-in features for your online store.
Shall we look at some of its notable features?
- Exclusive built-in features, which include coupons, newsletters, tax, shipping, analytics, etc
- A wide selection of responsive themes, which offer a smooth mobile experience
- Excellent support with the incredibly helpful setup wizard, video tutorials, as well as comprehensive guides with visual representations
With BigCommerce, you can easily integrate your store with eBay, Facebook, Google shopping, and a vast array of comparison sites.
YoKart may be a relatively new eCommerce platform, but it boasts a richness of features and smart pricing models that many old eCommerce platforms can’t beat. YoKart is especially geared to help startups create eCommerce environment easily. If you are looking for a one-stop solution for establishing a multi-vendor store, like eBay, seamlessly, Yokart is your ideal platform.
Let’s look at some of its most remarkable features:
- A ready-to-launch multivendor eCommerce solution
- You own the source code and can modify the portal to your specific requirements
- Mobile-friendly platform plus a dedicated Android app for marketplaces
- Same feature offering across all pricing packages
- Comprehensive manuals, FAQs, video tutorials, as well as one-year free support for store management
It is worth noting that YoKart is built on an encrypted framework. What does this mean?
You should understand that framework if you are to do any customization. The good thing is that any experienced PHP developer can quickly decipher the framework and modify it as necessary.
Another great benefit of YoKart is that it provides built-in analytics toll, several supported payment gateways, as well as rewards and discount coupon management features. However, being a relatively new eCommerce platform, Yokart lacks social commerce capabilities, so you can’t sell directly on social media platforms such as Facebook.
It is easy to be overwhelmed when trying to find out which eCommerce platform is ideal for your online store. Make sure you take your time and really consider what you want from your eCommerce site and then evaluate each platform thoroughly. This article should inspire you on making the best choice.