Last October 26th & 27th I had the chance to attend the “SAP Fiori UX/Cloud Platform Customer Forum” in Madrid, Spain. It was a very interesting and succesfully 2-day event with SAP and customers, and some partners. The event was organized and led by Toros Aledjian. I would like to congratulate Toros and all the team, it was an amazing event.
The meeting content at a glance was
- Understand why Fiori matters and what you can do today to identify and fix UX related problems.
- Identify where to start your company UX transformation journey and gain confidence on how to plan & execute this journey.
- Learn how to build and deploy the right Fiori app on the Cloud Platform.
- Understand all the tools, services and available resources to help you during your implementation.
- Get an overview of SAP Cloud Platform and how it can be leveraged to jump-start your digital transformation.
- Collaborate in an open forum and enrich your SAP network of selected partners, customers and SAP subject matter experts.
So it was a mix between UX and Cloud Platform, talking about Fiori, Cloud Platform, Design Thinking, Build, IoT, ML & AI, CoPilot, Cloud Foundry, Apple partnership, SAPUI5 and Screen Personas. Also there were 3 parallel workshops, a customer panel and 3 sessions from partners.
This picture summarizes the 2-day event
Complementing the product presentations (showing overviews and capabilities, roadmaps, demos,…) there were also two different but interesting sessions about
1- Cloud Consumptiom Model
Alan Gurino explained the 3 consumptiom flavours: a la carte, user-based bundles and resource-base bundles. Must say that is a quite complex issue, but Alan explained in a simple way.
2- Innovation By Design
Volker Haltenhof shared some thoughts about how innovative are the organizations. He focused on how differentiation can be achiedved through the UX and how UX drives innovation. I liked the sentence he shared talking about Digital innovation and transformation: “Executing change to add value for company and customer, by intelligently connecting people, things and businesses”
Also shared a nice picture about the history of Design Thinking with SAP:
The 3 key messages that at the end of the event, Toros shared as a summary were
- Understanding UX and how to define it
- Confidence to plan and build the right app
- Grow your network of contacts
Just a quick reminder:
This event is going also to take place in Amsterdam next November 7th and 8th. More details at