One of the key assets of SAP Business ByDesgin is its built-in in-memory analytics. By using embedded analytics, planning & simulation you get perfect transparency on all your customer engagement activities (aka analytical CRM, customer analytics) in marketing, sales and service without need for additional best-of-breed analytics tools or complicated data extraction.
ByDesign customer analytics provides:
- Analytics, planning & simulation based on real-time data either embedded or in Excel
- Deep insight through interactive drill-down with predefined key figures & characteristics for marketing, sales & service
- Insight to Action: Direct navigation to business data e.g. open account or create target group
- More than 500 built-in reports of which more than 50 are tailored for marketing, sales & service
What is new for customer analytics in 1811?
With our 1811 release the embedded customer analytics will provide enhanced capabilities to build and adapt sales, marketing and service dashboards and to embed KPIs to measure success. You can:
- Define, use & adapt analytical overview pages with free definition of key figures & drill-down
- Embed highly aggregated key performance indicators (KPI) with target, reference and threshold values
- Directly navigate to the full report
Furthermore you can use the KPI Designer (in the key user analytics work center) to design marketing, sales & service KPIs based on standard key figures with target, reference and threshold values. Here you can see more details and examples.
- Marketing Success Tracking
- Sales Success Tracking
- Marketing generated revenue and sales pipeline simulation
In the following sections you find more insights on the benefits of ByDesign customer analytics:
- Customer analytics – measure success with flexible drill downs
- Sales Pipeline Simulation
- Flexible Sales Planning and success tracking
- More helpful links and resources
1. Customer analytics – measure success with flexible drill downs
ByDesign provides powerful predefined reports and data sources for marketing, sales and service employees and manager.
- Visibility & control of Key Figures such as number of members, responders, response rate, number of leads, opportunities, quotes, orders…
- Free selection of characteristics like sales unit, account, contact, product, country, language etc.
- Display with various chart types including table view and analysis using Excel as frontend
- Navigate from reports to e.g. accounts. Additionally target groups can be created from reports e.g. the sales order volume to filter for top revenue accounts only
- More than 50 marketing, sales and service reports in 12 work centers
- Flexibility to build own reports and data sources
Here is a video which shows how to slice and dice a report and how to consume reports in Excel:
2. Sales Pipeline Simulation
With the sales pipeline simulation sales reps can analyze their opportunities and do “what-if” simulations to see the effect on your pipeline:
- Analyze opportunities by sales phase, progress, change of success and expected value
- Simulation allows to change multiple opportunities and to see the potential effect on the pipeline
- Commit or cancel changes with one click
3. Flexible Sales Planning and success tracking
ByDesign sales planning provides and easy way to set targets for your sales team and to track the success:
- Easy plan creation and copy of plan data
- Workplace-embedded planning with Excel
- Powerful Plan/Actual reporting to monitor sales targets, forecasts, and revenue at a glance
4. More helpful resources on ByDesign analytics
- Overview in ByDesign analytics
- ByDesign analytics overview demo
- ByDesign analytics detail demo
- How to customize SAP Business ByDesign overview pages?
- Extend ByDesign with SAP Analytics Cloud
- OData for SAP Business ByDesign Analytics | SAP Blogs