Just like last year (link), the ESIGELEC school of engineering and SAP partnered to deliver another successful edition of SAP InnoJam.
The event took place at the ESIGELEC near Roeun on the 19th and 20th of October 2017 and lasted for 32 hours straight of design thinking, learning, coding, sharing, demoing and lot of fun and just a little bit of rest (but a yoga session for everyone).
All the ingredients were present to demonstrate how SAP Leonardo can support innovation in the enterprise!
The ESIGELEC (“École supérieure d’ingénieurs en génie électrique”) is a French school of engineers located in Rouen, and created in 1901.
It is part of the best French academic institutions known as “Grandes écoles” specialized in engineering and sciences and is a university level institution with the special status “Grands établissements”.
It is under supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and jointly managed by the chamber of commerce of Rouen, the Society of Engineers in Electrical Engineering (from French “Société des Ingénieurs en Génie Électrique”, SIGELEC), and a consortium of private companies.
Just like last year, “an InnoJam without a real business use case or challenge is not an InnoJam“.
This is why it was key for the ESIGELEC and the SAP University Alliances to attract the best panel of partners to the event from a consulting perspective with project organization and delivery skills to the end user with real business challenges and data/
- BearingPoint provided coaches to support the Design Thinking and Ideation process
- Aptar Pharma presented a set of challenges around smart industries, safety and sustainability using their machine sensor data (IoT), product quality information and machine learning approach
- SOGETREL exposed as set of analytics innovation projects around smart cities and more precisely around “smart parking”
- Orange was present as one of the school stakeholder but also with an interesting use case around big data analytics
The event team
Not to forget also the event staff that supported the students during the 36 hours with limited hours of sleep:
- SAP Next-Gen Consulting & SAP Regional Implementation Group with Design thinking and technical coaches from different countries
Interested by this adventure?
So, if you are part of the SAP University Alliances (or not) and want to innovate with your students around real business use case, let Didier Petitjean know!
And if your company is interested by SAP technology (yes, we don’t just provide ERP systems at SAP ;-)), let me know and I will present you our SAP CodeJam program!
Design Thinking in action! (lots of post-it were consumed)
Now let’s get the coding party started!
Our event team and technical coaches
And of course the morning yoga session: