Many people who have recently followed the SAP Business ByDesign roadmap publication recognized, that we took the decision to start offering country versions under controlled availability for Israel and South Korea starting with release 1711.
Let me explain more details to enhance the basic information shared in our roadmap. My intention is to keep our commitment and transparency on any localization decision to our community keeping the same spirit as other blogs such as the localization toolkit, language adaptation , just to name a few.
The new country versions are a result of our Market Unit analysis on specific custom developments initiated for Israel and South Korea. First customer(s) went live with the scope defined and local tax authorities certified (mandatory for Israel) the SAP ByD solution These new country versions supported by SAP with specific functional scope (for instance Hebrew language not available yet) will drive local sales activities and customers could start make us of as of now.
Note: SAP customers located outside of Israel (or South Korea) can run the localization by connecting with the SAP Cloud Service Center (Sandeep N (Ger) Our controlled availability approach is a compromise before we consider Israel and South Korea as standard version covering broader localization requirements, local language or the Right to Left UI with Hebrew language. We are closely working with local teams to support on prospects validation and accommodate additional local requirements to our development plans when possible.
For those interested to sales or local plans please contact the local sales teams led by (Rami Menahem (IL) and Dong Soo Lee(SK). Below sharing more functional scope releases on 1711.
Israel (as of release 1711):
- Taxes: VAT calculation; VAT PCN874 Reporting; Withholding Tax Calculation (includes time dependent certificate maintenance, payment time recalculation and partial payments, handling overlap of certificates, default certificate and resulting calculation); Withholding Tax Reporting (includes Electronic 856 returns and corresponding file output, Vendor certificate 857 returns and corresponding vendor certification form output, form 102 returns)
- Payments: Payment receipt handling in below documents and their printing; Incoming Cash / Petty Cash; Incoming Check; Over the counter sales; Outgoing check processing including post-date checks; MASAV payment file
- Statutory Report: Unified Reporting and Tax authority certification
- Logistics: Manual document registration and original/duplicate print handling for: Outbound delivery and internal delivery note, Customer returns, Manual document ID data flow from delivery to invoicing and credit memo and corresponding form
- I18N: Right to Left with UI Html5
South Korea (as of release 1711):
- Taxes: VAT content and computation; Withholding tax content and computation; Business Place definition with tax authority; VAT number with type of business and industry; VAT summary reports: supplier; Withholding Receipt for the Receiver of a payment
- Payments: Bill of Exchange – Sole Bill for Promissory Note scenario
- Fin Acc. and Operations: Chart of Accounts, Account Determination and Financial Reporting Structure; Fixed Assets Valuation view an asset classes; Financial Forms; South Korea trial balance
- Statutory Report: Balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement (KIFRS), summary reports for customers for value-added tax (VAT) report forms by customers or vendor
- I18N: Address format/layout; Name Format; Holiday calendar; Translation
- Customer Invoicing: All customer facing forms E-Tax Invoice process including extension of business partner master data (being automatic submission delivered by partner)
- Payments: Manual payment clearing at the level of Tax Invoice