Time is flying…already one month since I introduced you to some of the key capabilities of our latest BPM cloud service – SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules. Some of you have joined our webinars or participated in the latest openSAP course on SAP Cloud Platform, where we had a dedicated unit in week 6 on Business Rules. Also my colleagues at SAP TechEd Las Vegas told me, a lot of you have joined the lectures and especially the hands-on sessions. Thanks so much for your interest.
I mean the topic of business rules sometimes tend to be underestimated. But this should definitely not be the case. There are so many use cases where the right usage of business rules really will boost your application to the next level. And please keep in mind, you are able here to separate the business logic (business rules) from the actual application logic.
But how would you actually start a new project in the tool to define your business rule? First you should be a little bit familiar with the used terms and concepts.
- As a first step you would, once you have created a new project, model the data objects. A data object always consists of the name, description, and also a business data type. This could be string, number, date, timestamp, or boolean.
- Afterwards you model a Rule Service. This is quite important, as the Rule Service is more or less your communication to the outside world. In other words your application or workflow etc. will invoke the business rule via this interface.
- The next step is the “heart” of your business rule – it is THE business rule. There you define the rule via a tabular spreadsheet-like decision table. With the help of the rulesets you are able to group several of these rules.
- Once you are done, everything is checked and validated by the tool, you would deploy the rule service and voila use it wherever you need it.
This was just a glimpse on the necessary steps, but we would like to provide you much more information. Therefore we are planning for several onsite 1-day hands-on EKT (early knowledge transfer) workshops in Walldorf (Germany) and Newtown Square (US).
Please find here the invitation and if you are interested, please feel free to register:
US, Newtown Square:
|SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules – Introduction||SAP Newtown Square NSQ01 (Philadelphia), 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073 (U.S.A.)||400,00 USD||Fri, 17 Nov 2017|
|SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules – Introduction||SAP SE, Int. Training Center Walldorf, Building WDF5, Dietmar Hopp Allee 20, 69190 Walldorf (Germany)||250,00 EUR||Tue, 05 Dec 2017 – Tue, 05 Dec 2017|
|Each confirmed/booked attendee needs to bring his own Laptop to this workshop!|
Basic knowledge of SAP Cloud Platform
Basic knowledge of business rules conceptsGoals:
• Understand and use the key capabilities of SAP Cloud Platform Business Rules
• Design, deploy and execute a business rule
• To be able to extend applications with business rulesEnrollment Request: (an S-User is required for SAP Customers and Partners)
To apply for an Early Knowledge Transfer workshop seat you must have an S-User ID for SAP Service Marketplace. If you don’t have a SAP Service Marketplace user ID (S-User) or a password, please apply for one first: S-user request formImportant Note:
Since capacity is limited, an enrollment request must receive confirmation before it can be considered as a final booking!