SAP Business ByDesign, Cloud ERP system is built in with access of scanning the barcode in the warehouse confirmation task during inbound and outbound processes. This integrated barcode technology is widely used in the companies to reduce the costs, eliminate errors and efficiently streamline the business processes.
In SAP Business ByDesign, doing of warehouse task confirmation either Inbound / Outbound is much easier by just wave the scanner. This integrated technology in truly maximize the work efficiency. This eliminates the physical entry by effectively decreasing like livelihood of human errors. Using barcode, the system saves time and increases efficiency and accuracy.
In SAP Business ByDesign, a specific format to be used for decoding
91 -> Product Identifier
P100001 -> Product ID
]C1 -> Delimiter
30 -> Quantity
09 -> Number of Quantity
]C1 -> Delimiter
95 -> Unit of Measure
EA -> Unit of Measure of the Product
Example, Barcode: (91)P100001(30)09(95)EA
How does access Barcode in SAP Business ByDesign?
- Login into SAP Business ByDesign
- Go to the Outbound Logistic -> Task Control Menu
- Choose your Inbound / Outbound Task control and click Confirm button.
- You can see the Bar Code Input tab as shown in the above screenshot (Figure 2: Example of barcode format).
- Keep the cursor on the Bar Code Textbox. It will automatically read the input from the barcode scanner and display the respective product details at the line item level.
Third Party Integration
Is it easy to integrate Third party software with SAP Business ByDesign Task control part? Because they are already using third party software for the scanning purpose.
Yes, it is possible. We can easily send a Task control instant from outside of Business ByDesign using SOAP service.
SOAP Webservice Name: ManageSiteLogisticsTaskIn
Below you see the MaterialOutput section of the respective SOAP web service request. Normally we are using <ProductID> and <ActualQuantity unitCode> tag for warehouse confirmation. As an alternative, we are going to use the <AutomaticIdentification> tag with the <BarCodeText>.
For more information visit, http://blog.sankaranss.com