SAP HANA System Copy- Homogeneous Recovery Method Using HANA Studio
SAP HANA system copy Procedure- Below is the HANA System copy using Recovery method from PRD to QAS using Hana Studio
- Take the backup of HANA PRD system
- Copy/Move the backup form PRD Host to QAS Host
- Ensure that QAS is having enough space for Backup.
- Login to Hana Studio of QAS system with ID “SYSTEM”.
- After Login to QAS system, go to Backup and recovery option.
- From there select recover system option. Once you select this option database will shut down to process recovery.
- Once the system got shut down, recover screen will open. Kindly select the option based on your requirement. Since I am doing refresh from PRD to QAS with Data backup. I selected the Last option.
- If you want to backup from the specific path where the data file is stored, select option “Specify backup without catalog”.
- Now provide the backup path and the same backup prefix name there in the “Backup Data file”.
- Provide the New license key path or you can skip this option and you can update license after recovery.
- Make sure the backup file copied from the PRD system have proper permission of QAS system.
- Once the recovery completed successfully, the database will start automatically. Make sure all services are running in HANA DB.
- Please follow below steps at application Server:
- Modify the default key hdbuserstore on the application servers and the DB instance.
- Go to /usr/sap/<SID>/hdbclient and execute the belowhdbuserstore set default <dbhost>:<dbport> <dbuser> <dbpassword>
- Unlock the SAP<SID> and DBACOCKPIT ids in HANA DB.
- Change the /dbs/hdb/schema parameter value to <Source schema value> in RZ10 DEFAULT.PFL
- Try to check the R3tans –d in application server to establish a connection to the HANA DB, if the result is RC = 12. Analyse the trans.log file.
After changing all the things in Application server, start the SAP using cmd “STARTSAP R3”.
- Next install the license key for application server and HANA if not installed during recovery.
- Once the SAP system service started, kindly run the transaction to complete the post refresh activities SICK, SGEN, BDLS, RZ10, RZ12, SCOT, SOST do the changes.
- Call transaction SECSTORE.
- Choose “Execute” (F8).In the entries that are displayed, delete the entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_INTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM if it is marked with a red traffic light.In the entries that are displayed, delete the entry /HMAC_INDEP/RFC_EXTERNAL_TICKET_4_TRUSTED_SYSTEM if it is marked with a red traffic light.
- In transaction SE37, execute the function module RFC_PING with the destination NONE. If the system displays an error message, execute the function module RFC_PING again; the error message cannot appear a second time in this case.