The Broadcast messages (BCM) is a feature that gives portal administrators the ability to broadcast messages to end users in a defined time frame. It also gives the ability to assign a message to certain groups or roles with priority (high/normal).
See SAP note 1930281 – Broadcast Message
You have installed SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal (EP) 7.31 SP11 or above.
User assigned to the Portal content administration role or Portal super administration role.
Don’t forget to activate BCM in the system – enabled the BCM service by setting the BCM is active property to true in NWA.
Step by step – How to guide:
In this blog I will show the simple way to configure BCM on Classic Framework Page – step by step.
- Create folder “BCM Content” in the Portal Content catalog
- Expand “com.sap.portal.broadcast.message.framework” under Portal Applications
- Copy BroadcastMessageFramework
- Paste it as PCD object in to BCM Conten folder.Click -> Next -> Finish
- Copy Sample_BroadcastMessageIview
- Paste it as PCD Object in to BCM Content folder.Click -> Next -> Finish
- Open Classic Framework Page located in the Portal Content -> Portal Users -> Standard Portal Users.
- Add BroadcastMessageFramework iView from the BCM Content folder to the page as delta link
- Add Sample_BroadcastMessageIview iView from the BCM Content folder to the page as delta link
- Save the page with added iViews
Enjoy configured Classic Framework Page.
You can find related BCM information in the similar blog .