ASUG BI Communities Newsletter – September 2017
Welcome to the latest issue of the BI Bulletin, a monthly newsletter keeping you up-to-date on important Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence initiatives, events, and member offerings. This newsletter features sections that highlight various activities and action items for you. We hope this information allows you to take full advantage of your ASUG membership. Learn more about the ASUG BI Community.
Join ASUG at SAP TechEd!
It’s not too late to register for SAP TechEd Las Vegas, SAP’s premier technical education conference, and experience hands-on workshops, lectures, and expert networking sessions, Sept. 25–29.
ASUG has several sessions of customer-driven content and real-world stories, including Owens Corning BW Experience, Newell Brands, Fiat Chrysler, and Lockheed Martin. Be sure to add the following Analytics-related sessions to your agenda:
Join ASUG Volunteer Allison Levine at 1 p.m. on Sept. 26, for an ASUG BI networking session – add the networking session to your agenda today.
Don’t forget to visit the ASUG Hub in the Community Clubhouse to earn swag throughout the conference!
Don’t Miss Out: The Call for Papers Is Open for BI + Analytics Conference
The BI + Analytics Conference, produced by Eventful Conferences, is five months away. Be sure to register by January 12 to save $400 off your registration rate.
The Call for Papers is officially open! We encourage you to submit an abstract for consideration by the conference steering committee. Share the essence of what you are doing in the business intelligence and analytics practice that is special, unique, or different, and how you achieved this fantastic outcome. If chosen, you will be a VIP speaker at the BI + Analytics Conference, taking place Feb. 19–21, 2018, in Huntington Beach, CA.
Your peers are looking for that magical formula to transform their own situation. We are staying away from anything generic or obvious so please just go for it! This template will guide you.
Your story — from either a business or IT perspective — should be in the realm of how you implemented or upgraded your system, or simply smart ways you are using analytics technologies that helped you drive organizational process improvement and enabled you to better manage your people.
- Submit your paper by Oct. 6, 2017
- Once you have submitted, you can expect a call from the conference producer to unpack your story further.
- All abstracts will be vetted by the steering committee, predominantly made up of your peers.
- If you are a customer speaker and selected to be on our agenda, Eventful Conferences will cover your flights, accommodation, and conference pass to be our VIP guest.
- There is no need to write a long paper. Other than your short abstract, the only other deliverable will be your final presentation, which isn’t due until January.
- If you work for a partner organization, your submission should be in conjunction with a customer to be considered.
Submitting a presentation also provides you with the opportunity to share this during a chapter meeting or in a webinar, so we would love for you to be open to the opportunity of telling your story more than once.
For any questions about your submission, please contact the Eventful Conferences production team at 914.509.5354.
Fond Farewell and Welcome
Ina Felsheim, our SAP BI point of contact to the ASUG BI Community, is changing positions at SAP, moving into the SAP HANA® area. We thank Ina for the wonderful work and support she provided to the ASUG BI community and several chapters. She provided great conference guidance, as well. We wish her luck in her new position.
We are pleased to welcome Neil Goodman as our new SAP point of contact. Neil is a certified Project Management Professional and is not new to ASUG, as he previously served as a point of contact to the SAP® BusinessObjects™ Strategic SIG. Welcome, Neil!
Follow Us On Twitter
Have a Twitter account? If so, follow our conference updates to receive the latest information. If you plan to tweet about TechEd Las Vegas, use the hashtag #SAPTechEd followed by your message so that others can view all updates about the event.
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter @ASUG_BI.
- Oct 11 What’s new in SAP BusinessObjects universes and semantic layer: sets and more!
- Oct 19 An exciting new future for SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Oct 31 What’s new in SAP BI Mobile and Roadmap
- Nov 2 Idea Place Product Session Migration and the New Customer Influence Continuous Influencing Process
- Nov 7 Cross-Solution Analytics with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Nov 14 Semantic Layer: multisource universes
- Nov 16 Semantic Layer; Linked Universes
- Nov 21 The Perfect Incident
- Oct 12 Introducing SAP Analytics Hub
- Oct 24 SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services
- Oct 26 Overall SAP Analytics strategy and direction
- Nov 20 What’s new in Analysis Office 2.6?
- Nov 30 Refresh Expert Streams on Predictive Factory
- Dec 12 Best Practices for Automated Analytics
Note: Cross-posted from ASUG.com