This was an ASUG webcast yesterday
Things in the future are subject to change as shown above
Not replicating data
Only access data at run time
Data is secure
Live connection is supported for SAP data
User does not access cloud; he accesses reverse proxy
Proxy forwards request to cloud
Application pushed into browser cache
Ensure data authorizations in source system are honored
HANA – implement CORS
Only works inside VPN
Looking to bring CORS to BW; no timeline
If you have SAP Cloud Platform, easier to connect/set up – takes 5 minutes
JDBC, or OData interface
Orange cloud – cloud solutions
Cloud connector is “door keeper” – open door from the “inside”
Cloud Agent is the translater
If you copy data, the rights management is copied; need to implement data authorization in SAP Analytics Cloud
Can connect via self-service scenarios for “smart data wrangling”
Cloud remembers what you did
Working on more frequent scheduling; right now only once per day
API is moving to Q4
Next quarter, live connection to SuccessFactors
Question and Answer
Q: Where can I get the slides?
Q: Is live connection with SAP BW/4 Hana already supported?
Q: Which configurations need to be done for the live data connection between SAC nad BW/4?
Q: The SAP Help says connecting to BW/4HANA is not supported – – is this right? https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/11b4e5ff76eb4747bc255d7037be1f01.html
Q: if my both S/4 (not cloud app) and BW both hosted on cloud, can I use both Live connection and actual data acquisition mentioned here both? which are same with premise SAP dta
Q: Do we have any limitation on any data source?
Q: you can’t join two data sources with live connections? you would have to import data first? is that correct?
Q: the slide is talking about SAP data on premise, my SAP data all host on cloud (S/4, CRM etc.), are the Live connection or data acquisition both working?
- Oct 12 Introducing SAP Analytics Hub
- Oct 10 Sizing Lumira 2.0 for Enterprise
- Oct 24 SAP Cloud Platform Predictive Services
- Nov 20 What’s new in Analysis Office 2.6?
- Nov 30 Refresh Expert Streams on Predictive Factory
- Dec 12 Best Practices for Automated Analytics
- Oct 11 What’s new in SAP BusinessObjects universes and semantic layer: sets and more!
- Nov 2 Idea Place Product Session Migration and the New Customer Influence Continuous Influencing Process
- Nov 7 Cross-Solution Analytics with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Nov 21 The Perfect Incident
Also, next week at SAP TechEd Las Vegas is a good time to learn more about this topic – be in the KNOW