Source: ASUG/Eventful Conferences
The Call for Papers is officially open! The producers would love you to submit an abstract for consideration by the conference steering committee. Share the essence of WHAT you are doing in the Business Intelligence and Analytics practice that is special, unique or different and HOW you achieved this fantastic outcome. If chosen, you will be a VIP speaker at the BI+Analytics Conference February 19 – 21, 2018 in Huntington Beach, CA.
Your peers are looking for that magical formula to transform their own situation. We are staying away from anything generic or obvious so please just go for it! The template – which you can access by clicking here, will guide you.
Your story – from either a business or IT perspective – should be in the realm of how you implemented or upgraded your system, or simply smart ways you are using Analytics technologies which helped you drive organizational process improvement and enabled you to better manage your people.
- Submit your paper by October 6, 2017
- Once you have submitted, you can expect a call from the conference producer to unpack your story further.
- All abstracts will be vetted by the steering committee predominantly made up of your peers.
- If you are a customer speaker and selected to be on our agenda, Eventful Conferences will cover your flights, accommodation and conference pass to be our VIP guest
- There is NO need to write a long paper. Other than your short abstract, the only other deliverable will be your final presentation which isn’t due until January.
- If you work for a partner organization, your submission should be in conjunction with a customer to be considered.
Submitting a presentation also provides you with the opportunity to share this during an ASUG chapter meeting or in a webinar so we would love for you to be open to the opportunity of telling your story more than once.
For any questions about your submission, please contact the Eventful Conferences production team at +1 914-509-5354
Also the source of most of the text above is from Eventful, with some minor editing by me.
I previously shared this:
What Topics Should I Submit?
Successful sessions are educational, practical, and actionable and don’t overload attendees with too much information. The goal of the sessions is to help them maximize the value of their BI/Analytics and their investment in SAP software.
What Topics Should I NOT Submit?
Feedback from previous user conferences shows that attendees do not want to be “sold to” and want to know more than just what other users are doing, they want to know why and, most importantly, how. The main goal for attendees is to take back practical knowledge that they can apply to improve BI and Analytics initiatives for their organizations.
What is the Committee Looking for in a Submission?
Topics should be educational, practical, actionable, and relevant to attendees.
- Speakers that are experts in their field and accomplished presenters
- Actionable takeaways for the attendees
- Clear, concise description of the proposed session
Why should I submit?
I haven’t visited Huntington Beach, but it sounds fantastic from every I have spoken to about the site. I’ve always wanted to fly into John Wayne Airport, as “the Duke” was my grandmother’s favorite actor.
You can look back at last year’s event here
Speaker submission webcast
What are you waiting for? Submit your story today
Join us for these upcoming webcasts: