First Fiori App for Maintenance Technician: “Report and Repair Malfunction” for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1708 and 1709
With the release of S/4 HANA Cloud 1708 we are happy to communicate that we deliver an sophisticated App which is supporting the maintenance technician in his task for an Emergency Breakdown.
This App is supporting the following business processes:
- View all work items assigned to you or your team in a list by launching the new tile “Repair Malfunctions – My Job List”
- View up to two hierarchy levels in the functional location structure to easily identify the installation location of the affected technical object
- Use a barcode scanner to enter the ID of the required spare part (only on a mobile device)
- Display thumbnails to identify the required spare part easily
- Increase or decrease the proposed quantity of the required spare parts using plus and minus buttons
- Execute a dynamic material availability check and display if the spare parts are available in the required quantity
- Pause your repair work and enter a reason for pausing (such as waiting for spare parts)
- Confirm the proposed repair time you spent from one pause to another and create a partial confirmation
- Display and change maintenance orders that have not been created within the app
in the Innovation Discovery you find
- Overview Presentation
- Demo Video demonstrating the functionalities
Innovation Discovery SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1708 Report and Repair Malfunction
Innovation Discovery SAP S/4HANA 1709 Report and Repair Malfunction
as well in the Fiori Apps Library you find information
A glimpse preview you find here:
- Malfunction report
- Plan Job
- Plan Part
- Pause Job
- Time Confirmation
- My Job
this app is the result of the Design Thinking approach, which we did together with customers from different industries. Thanks a lot to these customers, who have been dedicating their precious time to make our future software more user friendly and dramatically simplify the end to end process.
As a result within this app we have combined the most important content of more than 8 classical SAP GUI transactions and offer the technician an user friendly User Interface which is supporting him in his task to fix a malfunction.
Documentation you find here:
App Implementation: Report and Repair Malfunction
S/4 HANA Cloud:
Great work ?
Fantastic information Stephan, thank you.
Thank you very much for detailed information. I am struck while configuring this App, could you pls help me at https://answers.sap.com/questions/364090/release-option-not-available-report-malfunction-fi.html
can we get configuration document
Updated the blog with links to the official documentation
Is there any chance that these features will be available for Ehp 8 users with Fiori Client installed.
unfortunately this will be not available in Business Suite. This is only available in S/4
Thank you Stephan for confirmation.
When creating the Malfunction Report on a mobile device (in SAP's CAL system), the bar code entry screen says 'Scanner is not available'. Can you confirm if the Fiori app will support bar code entry via the mobile device's native camera? And if not, is there any documentation on how to integrate a scanner with the mobile device?
Barcode should work for Technical Object as well as for Components
Why goods issue is not possible from this app, when we can confirm time and do defect and cause update like in confirmation?
I understand that the process flow mentions that Goods issue is done against Order by Warehouse clerk using "Post Goods Movement App".