First Experience with PCA (Post Copy Automation) Content 11
PCA (Post Copy Automation) Content 11 was released last week and I wanted to find out what has improved and what new features are in store.
When using the new PCA after a system copy the first thing I noticed was the performance improvement for large PCA components:
How was that achieved?
I talked to the developers and found out that e.g. the Mass data component SWU3 (SAP workflow) is now divided in customizing component SWU3_CUST and runtime data component SWU3_DATA.
These measures boost the performance of the import of these components with the factor 10!
Another improvement is realized for the PCA BDLS conversion. This one is optimized for SAP HANA Database.
And more new features were added (New tasks for REFRESH scenario):
- Prepare PCA REFRESH (PARALLEL or CLASSIC)
- Unified Connectivity (UCON)
- SAP Enterprise Threat Detection (ETD)
- SAP Screen Personas (PERSONAS)
- Export Switchable Authorization Checks (SACF)
- Maintained Whitelists (SLDW)
- Gateway Configuration (GATEWAY)
And Task List Enhancement of
And here are some screenshots:
Export Task List and Definition of PCA Import Process:
- Parallel or Classic
PCA Component Workflow SWU3 split into
- SWU3_CUST and SWU3_DATA
New PCA Component (Every component checks if it can be active or not)
- PERSONAS is not installed and UCON is not activated in the profile
Additional Information can be found in SAP note 2456192
Product Management CLM