This document provides the most important user stories for integration of SAP Business ByDesign with webshop, commerce or customer portal solutions.
Sales Order real time calls: Consumers shall be able to get availability, price, tax and order execution information directly from ByDesign.
- During check-out real-time data is provided for:
- Price incl. customer specific prices & discounts
- Product availability (ATP)
- Shipping rate
- After checkout a sales order will be created automatically and executed in ByDesign
- New orders can be also buffered in the shop and transmitted periodically
- Prices and product availability can also be periodically exported from ByDesign to the webshop
- Price in orders can be overwritten by the webshop
Benefits: Real-time order processing with product availability, price and tax calculation
Account Synchronization: Consumer master data needs to be created and synchronized on both sides – the webshop & ByDesign.
- Accounts & contacts are created automatically in ByD after initial registration in webshop
- Existing accounts will be updated automatically
- Alternatively updates can be exchanged periodically
- User accounts and passwords should reside only in the webshop to make change simple
Benefits: Flexible synchronization of accounts and contacts
Product Catalog: Webshop administrators are enabled to initially and periodically load product catalogs from ByDesign to the webshop
- Product Catalog provides a collection of products and services
- The catalog is a subset of the product master data including the associated hierarchy
- Net and gross prices are part of the catalog
- Selection of distribution channel and sales organization allow to have specific prices for each channel.
- Additional data for a product can be retrieved by a specific webservices (e.g. material details, price, ATP)
- Create multiple catalogs with name, description and person responsible in Product and Services Portfolio work center
- Export catalog information to an xml file. The catalogs can be exported (as an action) for import to the web site
- Different catalogs could be utilized for different sales channels or regions.
- Automatically retrieve the product catalog with a Web Service call
Benefits: Easy & flexible synchronization of products with base prices
Here is a list of helpful documents which provide more details on how to use the open interfaces:
- Overview on webshop and commerce integration
- How to configure Commerce and Point-of-Sales-Transaction interfaces?
- Which are the standard integration scenarios and where to find documentation?
- What are the most important webservices for webshop/commerce integration?
- How to create sales orders using webservices (A2X)?
- Integration of point-of-sales transactions as alternative to sales orders
- How to setup EDI sales order integration (B2B)?
- How to retrieve or update price lists?
- How to mass retrieve and change product data?
- How to retrieve ByDesign code lists?
- How to automatically trigger replication of data?
- OData for SAP Business ByDesign Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Using Filter and Selection Parameter in ByD OData for Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Read and Write ByDesign Attachments using Web Services | SAP Blogs
- Launch ByDesign UIs from External Applications | SAP Blogs
- Get Employee ID and Business Partner Internal ID using ByDesign OData Services | SAP Blogs
- How to model an OData Service with SAP Business ByDesign OData Service Modeler? | SAP Blogs