SAP Business ByDesign customer engagement (aka CRM) does not only offer a powerful engine for end-to-end order execution but also supports integration to any kind of webshop, commerce, customer portal or point-of-sales solutions with open interfaces.
That means e.g. a webshop can use ByDesign as the backend for order execution and customer management either by consuming the standard web-service interfaces directly or by using a middleware in between. Of course you can use the same approach to connect your customer portal, point-of-sales or CPQ solutions (e.g. SAP Hybris Revenue).
Compared to a stand-alone webshop this offers tremendous value add:
- Enhance webshops with sales order execution, invoicing, central availability check, customer specific pricing, account & product data
- Integrate contact forms, service requests and other self-services to Business ByDesign
- Support B2B and B2C Scenarios with one powerful solution
- Connect any webshop with open ByDesign web services to support maximum flexibility
- Integrate your brick-and-mortar stores with point-of-sales transactions (POS).
Especially the openess to connect any webshop is key as many companies have already up-and-running solutions (often open-source) in which they invested lots of time and money.
A basic integration which allows consumers to buy a product in the webshop and all master data and the order execution is handled by ByDesign might be looking like this:
- Initial load and bi-directional sync account & contact
- Initial load product catalog with price and periodically pull delta from ByD
- Add and enhance marketing product data in (e.g. text, image, video)
- Create Sales Order in ByD and consume ATP, price & tax from ByD
- Payment authorization & settlement by payment provider
- Periodically retrieve order fulfillment data from ByD and display in webshop.
Here is a list of helpful documents which provide more details on how to use the open interfaces:
- What are the most important commerce integration user stories and flows?
- How to configure Commerce and Point-of-Sales-Transaction interfaces?
- What are the most important webservices for webshop/commerce integration?
- List of all ByDesign integration interfaces (Webservice APIs)
- How to create sales orders using webservices (A2X)?
- How to setup EDI sales order integration (B2B)?
- How to retrieve or update price lists?
- How to mass retrieve and change product data?
- How to download invoice PDFs from ByD?
- How to retrieve ByDesign code lists?
- How to automatically trigger replication of data?
- OData for SAP Business ByDesign Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Using Filter and Selection Parameter in ByD OData for Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Read and Write ByDesign Attachments using Web Services | SAP Blogs
- Launch ByDesign UIs from external applications | SAP Blogs
- Launch ByDesign reprots from external applications
- Get Employee ID and Business Partner Internal ID using ByDesign OData Services | SAP Blogs
- How to model an OData Service with SAP Business ByDesign OData Service Modeler? | SAP Blogs
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio FAQ for Integration