SAP Business ByDesign low-touch sales: Webshop, point-of-sale or portal integration
SAP Business ByDesign customer engagement (aka CRM) supports integration to any kind of webshop, commerce, customer portal or point-of-sales solutions with open interfaces. This means ByDesign CRM can truly be the digital core for all of your customer engaging scenarios e.g.:
- Internet sell from stock & service using B2B or B2C webshops
- Subscription management solutions
- Point-of-Sales applications
- Portals or any kind of custom mobile applications
The interfaces which ByD offers allow to integrate all kinds of key master or transaction data e.g. account, contact, leads, activities, product catalogs, price lists, product availability (ATP), orders, contracts, invoices and way more.
In the demo below we have been connecting the SAP C/4HANA module SAP Subscription Billing to ByDesign using SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) as middleware and the out-of-the-box integration flows:
That means e.g. a webshop can use ByDesign as the backend for order execution and customer management either by consuming the standard web-service interfaces directly or by using a middleware in between. Of course you can use the same approach to connect your customer portal, point-of-sales or mobile solutions.
Compared to a stand-alone webshop or portal application this offers tremendous value add:
- Enhance webshops with sales order execution, invoicing, central availability check, customer specific pricing, account & product data
- Integrate contact forms, service requests and other self-services to Business ByDesign
- Support B2B and B2C Scenarios with one powerful solution
- Connect any webshop with open ByDesign web services to support maximum flexibility
- Integrate your brick-and-mortar stores with point-of-sales transactions (POS).
Especially the openess to connect any webshop is key as many companies have already up-and-running solutions (often open-source) in which they invested lots of time and money.
A basic integration which allows consumers to buy a product in the webshop and all master data and the order execution is handled by ByDesign might be looking like this:
- Initial load and bi-directional sync account & contact
- Initial load product catalog with price and periodically pull delta from ByD
- Add and enhance marketing product data in (e.g. text, image, video)
- Create Sales Order in ByD and consume ATP, price & tax from ByD
- Payment authorization & settlement by payment provider
- Periodically retrieve order fulfillment data from ByD and display in webshop.
Here is a list of helpful documents which provide more details on how to use the open interfaces and other ByD options for low-touch sales:
- Over-the-counter sales scenario as alternative to POS integration.
- Overview on webshop and commerce integration
- Most important integration flow and user stories
- Which are the standard integration scenarios overall?
- Which Web Service APIs are available?
- How to create sales orders using webservices (A2X)?
- How to integrate marketing automation with ByDesign using SCP?
- Integration of point-of-sales transactions as alternative to sales orders
- How to setup EDI sales order integration (B2B)?
- How to retrieve or update price lists?
- How to mass retrieve and change product data using SOAP web services?
- How to use OData for prodcut data create and edit
- How to download invoice PDFs from ByD?
- How to retrieve ByDesign code lists?
- How to automatically trigger replication of data?
- OData sample content
- OData for SAP Business ByDesign Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Using Filter and Selection Parameter in ByD OData for Analytics | SAP Blogs
- Read and Write ByDesign Attachments using Web Services | SAP Blogs
- Launch ByDesign UIs from external applications | SAP Blogs
- Launch ByDesign reprots from external applications
- Get Employee ID and Business Partner Internal ID using ByDesign OData Services | SAP Blogs
- How to model an OData Service with SAP Business ByDesign OData Service Modeler? | SAP Blogs
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio FAQ for Integration