Article hierarchy is implemented in SAP retail. It gives you the option of grouping articles according to customer specific criteria. Often sales relevant aspects are taken into account. It is grouping of articles with sales oriented approach, customer oriented approach.
Subcategories, segments, sub segments, there are no restrictions as to the depth of an article hierarchy. The data and experience has shown that a structure depth of seven levels is recommendable.
While creating a new article/node assignment detailed assortment planning is performed first and then new article assignments are determined. This assignment can be used in the operational applications after a certain point in time. DC dependent article hierarchies can also be assigned.
Customizing settings for Article Hierarchy
In customizing control parameters, tree columns, hierarchy levels, role of a category can be defined among other cases.
- In SPRO transaction and choose SAP Reference IMG.
- In Logistics – General -> Article Hierarchy say edit control parameters
- With edit control parameters end node check for value only articles can be switched off, check is mandatory for normal articles
- Using define tree columns and edit hierarchy levels
The column names can be changed, category can be changed. The one which has the category ticked is the default end node.
- Article Hierarchy assignment, display can be done in MM41/42/43 transactions.
Creating Article with hierarchy in the Product Master Fiori Application
In Product Master Application a article can be created with a hierarchy assigned. In case of a general/global article hierarchy there is only one planned active article hierarchy possible. In case of Sales Org/Distribution chain dependent one planned active article hierarchy per distribution chain is possible. On the application level is has been distinguished where the customer works with a general/global article hierarchy or with distribution chain dependent article hierarchies as either – or, not both together is possible. If customer has a hierarchy assigned at global/general level they cannot assign a hierarchy at distribution chain level. Similarly if they have assigned a hierarchy at distribution chain level they cannot maintain a hierarchy at basic data level.
- Create an article in Product Master Application
- Go to Article Hierarchy and click on plus to assign a new hierarchy
This will show you the planned active hierarchy on global level.
- Choose a hierarchy to assign to the article
- Multiple hierarchies can be assigned with different root level nodes and different active planned time period as main assignment.
- In a similar way hierarchy can be assigned to sales org/distribution chain level. There will be one active hierarchy per sales org/distribution center set.