What’s new with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll for United States rapid-deployment solution V2
Our prospective customers can’t afford to operate with outdated, inefficient payroll processes. To help them adopt quickly and efficiently our SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll solution we build and continuously update pre-configured Best Practices or what we also call rapid-deployment solution.
This quarter Q3/2017 we have released an updated version (V2) of SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll for United States rapid-deployment solution (ECP US RDS).
In this blog I would like to share with you a high level overview of the preconfigured scope of this package.
The current scope of this ECP US RDS package is as shown here-below:
The system landscape of the solution is as follows:
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) is a prerequisite for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central payroll solution; as part of SAP packaged Offering you can find the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central rapid-deployment solution localized for the United States that can be implemented out of the box with this ECP US RDS.
The employee’s life cycle processes from Hire to Retire and the time management processes are all captured and managed in Employee Central Instance. The Employee data and Time Data is then replicated to Employee Central Payroll.
The integration between EC and ECP is set up using point to point native integration (without the need for any middleware). The ECP RDS Documentation clearly explains how to set up this integration and the data replication.
For customers who has SAP SuccessFactors time off for “Leave of Absence only” module activated, the set up of this business process is offered as an optional process if they are using the rapid-deployment solution to configure their systems. For those customers who wants to benefits from the full functionalities of Employee Central Time Off module we provide detailed documentations and workbooks for them to use.
The payroll processes can be set up automatically using the solution builder add-on tool to quickly import the configuration to the ECP System or alternatively manually by referring to the detailed configuration documents of the package.
The preconfigured payroll processes delivered out of the box as part of the ECP US RDS are:
- Payroll and Post Payroll Processing: The SAP Payroll process runs at a specific point in time, not only to calculate an employee’s basic remuneration but also any special payments, overtime payments, or bonuses that must take effect in the period in question. This scope item delivers configuration necessary for processing payroll for employees.
- Retroactive Payroll Processing: Retroactivity allows the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll user to adjust payments for previous payroll periods. The Retroactive Payroll Processing component holds the process to calculate retroactive monetary changes or posting related changes within SAP’s SuccessFactors Employee Central payroll component
- Off-cycle Payroll Processing: Off-cycle Payroll Processing covers processes for special payment such as bonuses, reversing payroll results, replacing lost/stolen checks, paying in advance, manual check processing and others. All of which can take place outside of the regular payroll cycle.
- Period End Closing for HCM: The closing operations component helps you prepare and carry out the activities required for day-end, month-end, quarterly-end and year-end closing in payroll. For this purpose, the system provides a series of standard reports that can be used to generate evaluations and analyses of payroll. Some of the reports that are delivered as part of the ECP US RDS package are:
- Payroll Journal Report
- Garnishment Details Report
- FI Posting Run
- Payroll Reconciliation Report
- Tax Infotype Summary Report
- W-4 Withholding Allowance Report
- W-2 Simulation Run
- W-2 Production Run
- Form 940
To know more about the ECP US RDS please visit SAP Best Practices Explorer: https://rapid.sap.com/bp/BP_SFSF_PY
I also highly recommend that you check the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central rapid-deployment solution on: https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/BP_SFSF_EC
and the SAP Payroll Processing control center rapid-deployment solution on: https://rapid.sap.com/bp/RDS_PY_CC
If you want to learn more about SAP SuccessFactors rapid-deployment solution please refer to the openSAP Course: https://open.sap.com/courses/sf3; this course was updated in Q2/2017
Should you have any questions, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
My team and I are happy to answer your queries.
Hope this reading was helpful, stay tuned as we are updating this package on quarterly bases and will inform you of the new releases as soon as they are out