This blog is the entry point for a set of documents which help you to get an overview on all customer engagement capabilities (aka CRM) in SAP Business ByDesign. It will be continuously updated and provides links to more detailed blogs, videos and documents.
To get an overview on SAP Business ByDesign CRM it is important to understand that the customer engagement capabilities of ByD go far beyond traditional CRM solutions. Those very often just focus on managing the high touch sales and presales process. ByDesign customer engagement and commerce (CEC) allows to manage not only the end-to-end process from campaign to invoicing but also the execution of orders and contracts all in one system.
This means all your employees in marketing, sales, sales back office and service share the same system with logistics, purchasing, human resources and financials. They all work with the same data, in one in-memory database and the very same user interface.
Additionally ByDesign allows to integrate your low-touch sales channels like webshop, ticketing or point-of-sales and it allows to automate also 3rd party execution of orders – either for materials, standard services or project-based services.
Here is an overview on what ByD customer engagement and commerce (CEC) offers:
The following five sections give you more details on each of the areas with links to additional blogs and videos:
- Marketing and presales communication
- Low-touch sales with commerce, point-of-sales or portal integration
- High-touch sales from lead to order
- Service execution & invoicing
- Built-in customer analytics, invoicing, price & tax calculation and collaboration
The marketing work center in ByDesign provides everything from defining target groups, executing campaigns to creation of leads and the marketing success analytics. It enables marketing experts to:
- Manage campaigns with direct mail execution, phone, letter or custom channels.
- Generate activities and sales documents as response including campaign specific pricing
- Track responses to measure the success of your campaign
- Most important business objects & functionalities: Account, contact, competitor, activity, lead, target group, campaign.
ByDesign supports integration to any kind of webshop, commerce, customer portal or point-of-sales solutions with open interfaces. This means ByDesign CEC can truly be the digital core for all of your customer engaging scenarios:
- Internet sell from stock & service using open interfaces
- Point-of-Sales integration
- The interfaces allow to integrate e.g. account, contact, product catalogs, pricelists, ATP, Orders, Invoice and way more.
Additionally you can also use the ByDesign user interface with Over-the-counter sales scenario.
High touch sales was that starting point and still is the core of many stand-alone CRM solutions. It is intended to support the presales and sales activities for selling expensive and rather complex products and services by a well trained sales-force which spends significant time with a limited number of high value customers.
In ByDesign this means not only a powerful Lead, Activity (phone calls, appointments, mails, tasks etc.) and Opportunity Management but also the resulting sales quotes, orders and contracts including execution and invoicing:
- Manual selling of standard service or project-based: Lead, opportunity, quote, order, contract & project service and standard service
- Manual sell from stock for material products: Lead, opportunity, quote, contract and order of material
- Configurable product variants (using product requirement specification)
- Most important business objects & functionalities: Account & contacts, product catalog, price and discount lists, tax, product availability, opportunity, quote, contract, order, return, invoice
Embedded service selling and execution is ByDesigns core strength. This includes:
- Project-based service execution and invoicing
- Standardized service execution and invoicing
- Field service and in-house repair
- Customer return
- Most important business objects are: Service request, service order & contract, service confirmation, service entitlement (e.g. warranty), return, invoice
With ByDesign CEC you get for free a couple of cross capabilities which are available for all kinds of scenarios irrespective if your are selling products or services in high-touch or low-touch mode:
- Embedded customer analytics based on SAP HANA is one of the key strength of ByDesign. See the video below to get a first impression:
- Invoicing for material and service including managing downpayments
- Proactive customer payment management
- Powerful price calculation
- Built-in tax calculation (incl. 3rd party provider integration e.g. for US)
- Sales target planning and tracking incl. pipeline simulation
- Embedded Multi-Channel Communication with the collaboration window
- Groupware integration