This is the first blog in a set of documents which help you to get an overview on all customer engagement capabilities (aka CRM) in SAP Business ByDesign (ByD).
First of all it is important to understand that the customer engagement capabilities of ByD go far beyond traditional CRM solutions. Those focus just on managing the high touch sales and presales process. ByDesign customer engagement and commerce (CEC) allows to manage not only the end-to-end process from first contact to invoicing but also the execution of orders and contracts all in one system.
This means all your employees in marketing, sales, sales back office but also in logistics, purchasing and financials will work with:
Additionally ByDesign allows to integrate your low-touch sales channels like webshop, ticketing or point-of-sales and it allows to automate also 3rd party execution of orders – either for materials, standard services or project-based services.
The SAP Business ByDesign customer engagement and commerce provides:
- Campaign Management with direct mail execution, phone, letter or custom channels.
- Generate activities and sales documents as response including campaign specific pricing
- Track responses to measure the success of your campaign
- Account, Contact, Competitor, Activity & Lead Management
- Internet sell from stock & service using open interfaces
- Point-of-Sales integration
- Over-the-counter sales
- Account & Contacts, Product Catalog, Pricing, Tax, ATP, Contract, Order, Invoice
High-touch sales from lead to order execution & invoicing
- Manual selling of standard service or project-based: Lead, opportunity, quote, order, contract & project service and standard service
- Manual sell from stock: Lead, opportunity, quote, contract and order of material
- Configurable product variants (using product requirement specification)
- Account & Contacts, Product Catalog, Pricing, Tax, ATP, Opportunity, Quote, Contract, Order, Return, Invoice
- Project-based service execution and invoicing
- Field service & repair
- Customer return
- Service request, service order & contract, service confirmation, return, invoice
Built-in price & tax engine, customer analytics and collaboration
- Powerful price and tax calculation
- Customer 360 and profitability analysis
- Opportunity pipeline simulation
- Sales target planning and tracking
- Embedded Multi-Channel Communication with the collaboration window
- Groupware integration