Hello my dear SAP Business One community,
I would like to inform you on the topic of tags in SAP Community around the SAP Business One solution and give an important and positive update.
Since the migration to the new SAP Community in November last year, we had 22 managed tags for our SAP Business One solution.
Without going into the background and details, we realized that this concept did not work well. Many users were overwhelmed, the selection was unreasonable granular, difficult on UI level, and many descriptions of the tags were confusing. Consequently, content was often completely wrongly tagged, caused high waste/administrative efforts and above all, questions were not seen by other users.
This is certainly one of the root causes why too many questions have remained unanswered.
Now we simplified the concept drastically, using a new possibility to hide tags.
Since September 1st, only the following 5 tags are available:
- SAP Business One
- SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA (dedicated to the SAP HANA tools and exclusive features in this version)
- SAP Business One Cloud (dedicated to the cloud tools and real features in this deployment)
- SAP Business One SDK (supposed now to gather all extension topics, such as Service Layer, SDK, and B1i) – (NOTE update in 02/2018, further changes)
- the intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One
Please click on the tag above to view Blogs and Questions, search content, or start following the tag.
When assigning to your content you can of course use several logical correct tags to ensure maximum visibility.
In the last weeks, we have already retagged many blogs and questions to enable this.
Unfortunately, we currently do not have the possibility to add new tags, so the concept is not yet 100% appropriate for our needs. Yet this simple concept promises more success, basically it goes back to the situation in SCN where we were running a few huge spaces only for SAP Business One.
We hope to achieve more user-friendliness again and most important, your questions get faster and better answered again.
Best Regards, Peter
– Details can be changed at any time –