Starting with release 1708, we are happy to announce the availability of the mobile channel for SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud. A marketer can now create a mobile campaign in SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud system and send marketing offers and notifications to mobile devices.
The graphic below illustrates the end-to-end flow for enabling the mobile channel feature. You can create a mobile campaign in SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud system. To this campaign, you can assign an offer or a notification. The offers and notifications are sent as mobile push notifications to either Android or iOS devices. The mobile push notifications are routed via Google Firebase.
For the mobile device to connect to SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud system, you need to install the servlet and mobile SDK provided by SAP.
The mobile SDK will help you to quickly build and enhance your mobile application. Depending on the type of mobile device you use, Android or iOS, you can download the SDK from here.
Use the servlet to authenticate and transfer calls from your mobile application to SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud system. You can download the servlet from the here. You need to deploy this servlet on SAP Cloud Platform. The API calls configured in the mobile application need to point to the deployed servlet.
Once you have installed and setup the Servlet and the Mobile SDK, you need to set up the communication scenarios for inbound and outbound communication. For more information, refer to the Integration guide.
You are now ready to execute the flow:
- Create a Mobile Campaign in SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud, using the action Mobile Push Notification. To this action, assign a notification text or an offer. For more information on how to create mobile campaigns, see here.
- The target group can be created will all mobile device users. (Use ID_Origin as MOBILE_APP_TOKEN). This will pick all the contacts within SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud system that have installed the mobile application and registered their user on the mobile application.
- Once the user registers on the mobile application, a call is made to SAP Hybris Marketing system to create a contact. The contact will then have the ID_Origin as MOBILE_APP_TOKEN.
- Once the campaign is executed, push notifications are sent to the mobile devices of the contacts – via Google Firebase.
- Once the users receive the notification, they can click on it to view the offer in the mobile application.
Hope you try the solution and enjoy your mobile endeavor with SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud!