With SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 being GA now, it is a good time to also provide new features as part of our Visual BI Extensions for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio / SAP Lumira 2.0.
In case you are not familiar with our Extensions yet, you can find some introduction material here :
Here some of our latest highlights for SAP Lumira Designer 2.0
With this release we are adding our new Gantt chart component, which allows our customers to leverage any project management related information and visualize it in form of a Activity oriented or resource oriented gantt chart.
The dashboard designer will have the option to include the Actual timeline, a planned timeline, as well as options to define dependencies as shown in the image above.
As part of our maps offering, we are now allowing our customer to assign multiple data sources to a single map, so that our customers could create scenarios, such as assigning data from SAP BW for the actual revenue and using data from a spreadsheet for the revenue forecast and visualize those values in a single map.
In addition several enhancements on the styling options and the scripting area have been included as well.
Filters & Selectors
As part of our filter and selector category we added a variety of new functionalities.
Our Facet Filter now
- supports a full text search across the complete data set
- supports the hierarchies from BW and HANA
- supports an intuitive way to color elements in the facet by highlighting the selected items, elements that represent alternative selections, and elements that still can be selected
Our Hierarchy Filter now
- supports a full text search across the complete hierarchy
- allows the user to define a selection mode and choose between : Self, Self + Children, Self + Descendant. This allows you then to configure which elements should be selected in case the user selects a hierarchy node
As part of our Utilities category we added a few very interesting new capabilities.
Web Service as a Data Source
We added the option to use a SOAP based web service as part of your next Design Studio / Lumira Designer project. This does allow you to use Web Intelligence reports as a data source as well – including any calculations done in the Web Intelligence report.
In this way you can use live data from a Web Intelligence report, but also prepared instances.
Live Mobile Design
Our Responsive UI now allows to create real responsive scenarios that go beyond just the ability of adjusting your design to the different screen width.
- You can use now a list of devices as templates for your mobile design and configure the design based the list of devices, instead of having to calculate yourself the screen height and screen width that you would like to use.
- You can now configure, how charts should react to different screen sizes, such as moving the legend below the chart instead of the right hand side, when the chart is viewed on an iphone for example.
- You can now use a true mobile design inside Design Studio / Lumira Designer that gives you the option to truly design the dashboard how you would like it to appear on the mobile device.
Export to PPT and PDF
Beyond that we improved the export quality dramatically, we also changed the export UI, so that the user has the option to see the complete layout structure and has the ability to filter by component types before hitting the “Export” button.
We also improved the overall UI as part of the Export workflow (see below) and allow the user now to change (if enabled) the properties at the time of the export step.
In addition the user also has the option to filter the list of components based on component type.
And last but not least we also added the ability to export multiple “views” of a dashboard – for example of a Tabstrip or a Pagebook – into a single file for our PowerPoint export option.
As you can see, there are several new additional options that we are providing for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 as well as SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 – and this is just the “starting point” of our upcoming roadmap with a lot of enhancements coming each month – so stay tuned for more details on these enhancements and a lot more enhancements in the coming weeks and months.