Over the course of three months, the Business Reimagined Tour traveled 10,520 miles, visited over 140 SAP customers across 23 cities, crossed 39 state lines, and presented 1,884 innovative demonstrations to over 2,500 tour visitors. One of my roles was to present our Machine Learning demonstrations (overview video below) which showcased the power of the SAP Leonardo Machine Learning (ML) portfolio.
Each demonstration started with an overview of machine learning and how it is benefiting our customers, then transitioned into how each specific use-case can make employees more efficient.
What is Machine Learning?
How are SAP’s Machine Learning Innovations Benefiting Customers?
SAP’s ML portfolio is made up of (but not limited to) the following innovative use-cases, with the purpose of accelerating decision making and productivity across the enterprise:
- SAP Resume Matching, enabling recruiters to make better, faster hiring decisions without bias while machines match top talent to open job positions.
- SAP Cash Application, enabling accountants to focus on value-add activities while machines automate the payment-invoice matching process.
- SAP Brand Impact, enabling marketers to better understand their brand exposure and marketing spend ROI while machines scan logos in media analyzing exposure metrics.
- SAP Service Ticketing, enabling customer service employees to focus on customer satisfaction while machines automate the first level of ticket processing.
- SAP Customer Retention, enabling organizations to build customer loyalty while machines proactively identify customers who are about to churn.
Digging Deeper into SAP Resuming Matching
The SAP Resume Matching use-case is a crowd favorite for our customers during the Business Reimagined Tour demonstrations. Everyone can either relate to applying for a job or hiring someone for a job.
Here is the problem with the recruiting process today:
Many recruiters spend nearly 60% of their time reading resumes. Screening a long list of candidates for a specific job involves a lot of bias, takes hours or even days, and often leads to interviewing unqualified candidates.
Here is the solution with SAP Resume Matching:
Machine Learning algorithms automatically match the most qualified candidates to the open job positions by:
- Extracting key information from the resume and presenting it in a more readable format
- Visualizing key selection criteria such as education, skills and experience
- Matching the best talent based on a relevance score to create a candidate short list, without bias
In the end, recruiters can spend more time on interviewing and other value-add activities and can also make better, faster hiring decisions without bias by highlighting a more diverse selection of candidates.
In summary, SAP Leonardo Machine Learning aims to make your core applications more intelligent to ultimately make work easier for your employees.
For More Information…
For a hands on experience around our SAP Leonardo innovations, including IoT, machine learning, big data, analytics, data intelligence, blockchain and design thinking, join us in November for SAP Leonardo Live.