Logical Deletion of GRC Workflow Instance
What is Logical Deletion?
Logical Deletion of a workflow instance (hence called “workflow”) means canceling the workflow. When logically deleted, the workitems are removed from the approvers’ work inbox. Please note, a logically deleted workflow cannot be reversed or restarted. However, all the information of the logically deleted workflow will remain in the workflow log/ NWBC Audit Log to start a new workflow instance with the same workflow request information. When logically deleted, the workflow does not get removed from the system, but only set to ‘Canceled’ or ‘Logically Deleted’ status.
Reason for Logical Deletion:
GRC workflow went into error status (cannot be restarted) and need to be removed from the approver’s inbox. NWBC ‘Cancel Instance’ as well as program GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL failed to cancel the workflow instance.
How to Perform Logical deletion:
1) Find the workflow ID from tcode GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD
2) Enter tcode SWIA, enter the latest Dialog Step ID, execute.
3) Click on workflow log.
4) Click on the top line item.
5) A new screen will appear, click on ‘Technical work item display’
6) May need to click on Edit -> Change on the next screen to see the Admin services
7) Execute ‘Logically Delete’
8) Confirm deletion
9) Check the workflow log
Logical Deletion will remove the work item from the approver’s work inbox.
10) Now you should be able to abort the MSMP instance from NWBC