InfoObject maintenance in the BW Modelling Tools (BW-MT) was made mandatory starting with SAP BW 7.5 SP4 on HANA. Since then it is not possible to maintain/create InfoObjects from the SAP GUI using the transaction RSD1. Displaying though still works.
This change surprised the one or the other as this is the first existing BW object which must be maintained in the BW-MT. Up to now only new objects like Composite Provider and Open ODS Views were only available there.
It was tested under release 7.5 SP04.
Please read the disclaimer carefully
- Be careful, by following this. You basically tell the system that it is not a BW on HANA system.
- You should also consider that there is some stuff which can only be maintained in the BW-MT, for instance transitive attributes.
- It should be only used in case you are running into problems using the BW Modelling Tools (BW-MT).
Step by Step
Step 1: Go to tcode- RSD1
- Call transaction RSD1
- You will see that the transaction is in display mode, i.e. no create or maintain button.
Step 2: Enter nohdb into the OK Code field
- Enter “nohdb” into the as per the following screenshot and press enter
Now you can see Maintain button in below screen.