SSC UI Apps in S/4HANA Central Master Data
For customers using the Cloud Edition of SAP S/4HANA, a major issue was the non-availability of the backend systems for setting Customizing settings using the transction SPRO. However, SAP offers a work around for this problem by providing you with the option of self-service configuration UI’s (SSC UI’s).
These SSC UI’s are basically of two types – Fiori based or WebDynpro. You can access the SSC UI’s using the Fiori Launchpad.
The Master Data Management area in SAP S/4HANA are the frontrunners for most of the latest developments and as a result, we have delivered a few SSC UI’s quite early. On the launchpad, a user can make customizing settings for the SSC UI’s in the central master data area through the Manage Your Solution tile and the Configure Your Solution option.
You must have configured the following roles role, in order to make the relevant changes in the SSC UI’s:
- SAP_BCR_E2EIE_IC – End to End Implementation Experience
In the Central Master Data area, the following SSC UI’s are available:
- Configure ABC Indicator (Cloud 1702)
- Configure Product Number Format (Cloud 1705)
- Configure Product Types
- Define Number Assignment for Customer
- Define Number Assignment for Supplier
- Assign Authority for Contact Person
- Assign Department Numbers for Contact Person
- Assign Function of Contact Person
- Assign VIP Indicator for Contact Person
- Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Customer
- Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Supplier
To know more about the functionality of each of these SSC UI app’s from the central master data area, please check this link. You can also navigate to this page on the SAP Help Portal by searching for the latest Cloud Edition and then navigating to the Product Assistance -> Configuration Apps -> Configuration Apps for Master Data.