NOTE: This blog is Obsolete as this feature is currently available only on Web UI.
In this blog, I will explain the concept of Product Profiles with some of the commonly used scenario examples.
SAP Cloud Integration enables you to design Integration Content for multiple runtimes at the same time. Product Profile is a collection of capabilities(adapters and flow steps) applicable to a particular variant of the product.
Understanding of Product Profiles is recommended for the below mentioned personas:
- Integration Developer working with Enterprise license capabilities (e.g. AS2, JMS or EDI Flow steps)
- SAP Partner Adapter Developer trying to build a partner Adapter using Adapter SDK
- Integration Developer trying to consume Partner Adapters (Creating, Importing and Modifying of Integration Flows)
2 Eclipse: Product Profiles
2.1 SAP Cloud Integration ( Default Profile)
As soon as you install/update your Eclipse tooling with the latest version (from tools ), you can check all the capabilities available in the default SAP Cloud Integration Product Profile by following the steps mentioned below:
a) You need to navigate to Window-> Preferences-> SAP Cloud Integration and Select Product Profiles
b) You can find all the available capabilities in the selected Product Profiles screen
NOTE: The default SAP Cloud Integration profile ( shipped along with Eclipse Tooling ) will not have the Enterprise / Partner Adapter capabilities bundled.
2.2 SAP Cloud Integration ( Server Profile )
This profile talks about the capabilities available on the connected SAP Cloud Integration
In order to model Integration flows with these capabilities available on the server , you need to perform the steps mentioned below.
i. Connect to the tenant operation URL in Integration Operations perspective ii. Optional: Click on Update Client with latest components from server toolbar entry
NOTE: It will take few seconds to download the capabilities to your eclipse workspace. Restarting the eclipse also downloads the capabilities from server automatically when connected to the server.
Once these capabilities are downloaded to your eclipse work space, you can develop integration flows with the capabilities from server also in offline mode.
iii. You can view the additional capabilities ( e.g: Partner adapters, AS2 or JMS ) as shown below
NOTE: AS2 , JMS require you to have Enterprise license for your SAP Cloud Platform Integration account
2.3 Developing Integration Flows for a specific server profile
You are an Integration developer trying to develop Integration flows with the capabilities available
on the server, Follow the steps mentioned below to achieve the same
– If you want to use the server profile as default profile while creating new Integration Flows, then change the default profile in product profile by selecting the server profile in Window->Preferences->SAP Cloud Integration->Product Profiles
– You can also change the product profile in Create New project wizard
– If the project is already created or imported from some other work space, you can change the product profile in the Integration Project properties as shown below
NOTE: After changing the profile from the drop down, Do not press Ctrl+S . This will change the selection.
3. Web UI: Product Profiles
You can find all the capabilities in your tenant product profile in Tenant Settings screen.
NOTE: You need WebToolingSettingsProductProfiles.savetenantconfiguration role for editing the settings. Tenant Administrator would already be containing this role.
Whenever any Integration Flow with Enterprise Licensed capabilities ( AS2 or JMS) imported on any tenant with non-Enterprise license, you would see the errors like
The integration flow contains components which requires an upgrade to your existing SAP Cloud Integration license. Please contact your account executive for further details.
The component with version is not supported in SAP Cloud Integration profile due to missing license.
Symptom 1) In the Eclipse Designer, I am not able to view AS2, JMS or Partner Adapter in the “Choose Adapter” pop-up
- You need to select the product profile of the server instead of the default eclipse profile.
- If the adapter does not show-up in the browse yet, close and re-open the Integration flow.
- Still no luck, Close the integration flow & restart the eclipse work space.
Symptom 2) In the Eclipse Designer, I imported an already created integration project, I am getting error
“This component with version is not supported in SAP Cloud Integration profile”
1) Update your eclipse tooling to the latest available. This should solve your issue in case if the issue is with the capabilities related to non-enterprise license.
2) If the issue is with the capabilities that requires enterprise license,follow the steps mentioned
in symptom 1
Symptom 3) I just upgraded my SAP Cloud Integration account license to Enterprise license, still I do not see the new capabilities.
Solution: Normally it takes 24 hours to activate the enterprise capabilities after license upgrade. Incase if you want it immediately, you can ask the SAP Operations to restart your tenant. After restart of the tenant, you should see the new capabilities.