Introduction to TMC on SAP ASE
You want to monitor and analyze your SAP ASE database and host? And the Application Server ABAP? Virtual or physical computer systems, too? No problem. It’s all in one place now with the Technical Monitoring Cockpit (TMC) and will be available for SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (SAP ASE) very soon.
This is the first of three blog posts to introduce this new solution. Let’s do this in Q&A style:
What is TMC on ASE?
The Technical Monitoring Cockpit is a monitoring and analysis tool for SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver.
Who should use TMC?
- Database operators and administrators
- Operating system administrators
- Operators and administrators of the Application Server ABAP
- Database and operating system support engineers at SAP and SAP technology partners
How is TMC different from other monitoring tools?
Previously, you had to use layer-specific monitors for each component of the technology stack, and they all might have had a different way of querying, storing, and displaying data. With TMC we offer a single solution for monitoring and analyzing your SAP ASE database, host and the Application Server ABAP. All technical monitoring data can be queried and analyzed in the same way.
What are some of the key features of TMC?
- Monitoring of the full technology stack (Application Server ABAP, database, host)
- No need to upgrade the SAP system to get new features for TMC, because updates are available as content packages which are independent of SAP NetWeaver releases and support package cycles
- Ready to use as it has preconfigured monitoring screens which are designed to meet typical database monitoring needs
- User interface based on SAP Fiori and easy adaptation of the Launchpad which provides single point-of-access and allows defining new dashboards for specific monitoring scenarios
- Easy control of data access with user authorizations and system usage types
- Uniform, consistent look and feel of all monitoring screens for Application Server ABAP, all databases, and all operating systems
Where can I find further documentation?