SAP Activate Enables Adoption of SAP #S4HANA Cloud – Blog Series (Intro and collection)
SAP Activate is the next generation SAP Implementation Methodology that gives customers the freedom to get up and running quickly to innovate continuously with SAP #S4HANA Cloud. SAP Activate combines SAP Best Practices, guided configuration, and implementation methodology to get your organization onboarded onto SAP S/4HANA Cloud to run your business live. Join the 20k strong community and discuss with us how to best leverage and improve SAP Activate.
We have introduced SAP Activate innovation adoption framework to our community members in previous posts. From describing the innovation adoption framework and its components, through sharing up to date information about new content released to customers, to blog posts describing how use enablers like SAP Best Practices Explorer and SAP Roadmap Viewer, that provide our customers access to SAP Activate ready-to-run processes and methodology assets.
Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing more information with this community about how customers use SAP Activate to adopt SAP S/4HANA Cloud. We will explain how customer use the individual components of the SAP Activate innovation adoption framework in their projects. We aim to help you understand how customers leverage the SAP Activate framework in their adoption of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the intelligent ERP in the cloud.
SAP Activate Phases as framework for the series
We will be sharing the information as a series of blog posts that will walk you through the phases of a project that is introducing SAP S/4HANA Cloud in a customer environment. The series will follow the phases of SAP Activate framework as I show them in the image below.
Let us briefly introduce purpose and goals of each phase, to give you a preview of what you can expect over the next few weeks.
- Discover – the purpose of the Discover phase is to discover the solution capabilities, understand the business value and benefits of the solution to customer’s business, determine the adoption strategy and roadmap in alignment with understanding the solution capabilities and product roadmap.
- Prepare – the purpose of the Prepare phase is to provide the initial planning and preparation for the project. In this phase, the project is started, plans are finalized, project team is assigned, starter system is provisioned and work is under way to start the project optimally.
- Explore – the purpose of Explore phase is to perform a fit to standard analysis to validate the solution functionality included in the project scope and to confirm that the business requirements can be satisfied. Identified requirements and configuration values are captured for realization in the next phase.
- Realize – the purpose of the Realize phase is to use a series of iterations to incrementally configure, build and test an integrated business and system environment that is based on the scenarios and process requirements identified in the Explore phase. During this phase, data is loaded, adoption activities occur, and operations are planned.
- Deploy – the purpose of Deploy phase is to setup the production system, confirm customer organization readiness, and to switch business operations to the new system.
- Run – the purpose of the Run phase is to continue adoption of the implemented solution across the organization. During this phase customer adds new users, enables their business users to execute the business transactions, manages regression testing for the quarterly upgrades and activate additional functionality as required.
In our first blog post next week, Jan will introduce the Discover and Prepare phases and provide more details about activities that project teams perform to get their adoption project started right.
Stay tuned for more details in the upcoming weeks…
To stay informed about this upcoming blog series, make sure to follow us via @SDenecken and @janmusil. The blog posts will appear in the SAP Communities space with tag #sapactivate, and will also be announced on the SAP Activate Methodology Jam space that you can request to join here the community of 20k people already actively engaged.
If this topic series interests you, we want to draw your attention to the e-book SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Implementation with SAP Activate that is available from SAP PRESS. Discover more information in this blog.
As always, let us know your thoughts and feedback either in the comments to this series, in the SAP Activate Jam space or here.
SAP Activate – Getting Started with your Cloud Implementation with Discover and Prepare Phases
SAP Activate – Explore Phase: Use Fit-to-Standard to confirm business process fit and identify gaps in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation
SAP Activate: Realize Your Requirements
Deploy your solution and Run simple with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP Activate releases, updates, tools and additional resources
SAP Activate will change current SAP Implementation Methodology. Below are the different phases of SAP Activate.
I think it is a important step to change the methodology right now.. there is a need to improve over and over again and also have a stable way how to it.
I love the expection, that we are able to bring new functions and improvements in a stable way to the customer and also have a way less discussions of how to setup the next project... once it is here and it will remain the same it will be a big step forward making S/4 just more awesome to all of us.
My message is clear. Please stay strong on it and make it happen also for future improvements!