We at SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) offers landscape services called Remote Access and Connectivity (RAC) for ISVs and SAP Partners to test the integration of their solutions with SAP.
Around 20 IDES on-premise systems have been provisioned for partners as of now. Additional RAC services with more access options are necessary especially for SAP HANA based SAP systems like SAP S/4HANA and SAP BW/4HANA. More flexibility and access opportunities are necessary like OS/DB access
Some of the pain points for partners to get access to SAP landscape are:
With any available landscape access service:
- Systems are non-reliable and not licensed.
- Infrastructure provided are very expensive.
- Mostly useful for basic training or learning purposes.
- Not many SAP systems are offered.
With own SAP installations:
- Lot of expertise is required to install and setup an SAP system
- One has to buy licenses upfront to access the software and install it.
- With SAP HANA DB based systems, infrastructure maintenance effort and costs are very high
- Partners have to deal with a lot of vendors like h/w , o/s, DB and SAP to install and maintain their own SAP system
While there are SAP offerings like CAL, AWS templates, etc, RAC-E offers a unique opportunity
to address the known pain points that partners are facing with several options for landscape access. It offers accessibility from anywhere with any device, flexibility to choose required licensed SAP systems and ability to build an Enterprise grade environment for each subscriber
Some of the key features of RAC-E are
- Partners can enjoy flexibility of Amazon and utility of IDES systems.
- Pre-defined scheduled access to the instances, enabling pay as you go feature to partners.
- Service fee charged upfront, calculated based on the requirements of the subscriber.
- Subscribers can make development changes in the system; should bring their own licenses.
- SAP Application and SAP HANA DB access will be provided
- Complimentary S-user access provided to download connectors, GUI, misc. software.
- Partners can connect from any device Windows / Linux/ Android and virtually from any environment which supports VPN Client with LT2P with preshared key protocol.
- RAC standard and RAC Premium services offer our partners, an option to use on-premise systems for fixed fee which is very cost effective and reliable for long term continuous usage. RAC-E will be useful for the partners who would want non-continuous (for both short-term and long-term) usage access.
- Partners can tailor their usage based on their budget and requirement.
To know more about the RAC-E service contact us at email@example.com and get early bird offers on your RAC-E subscription now.