The Purpose of this blog is to assist SAP Basis colleagues who are looking for an idea or doubts on updating unified rendering.
To update unified rendering, main note 2090746 is available in service market place which guides us through the procedure.
- Tcode Snote should be updated according to note 1668882 . Apply this note automatically or manually by applying notes mentioned in this note. ( Please check prerequisites mentioned in this note)
- Update SPAM to latest patch
- Enable TCI 199550 –
- This is to enable upload TCI in tcode Snote . ( tcode Snote, menu Goto -> upload TCI)
- Choose correction instruction and select your SAP_BASIS version
- Click on download button to download TCI
- Go to tcode SPAM and upload TCI from front end server
- Select new support packages in SPAM
- Right click on TCI software component and select define queue
- Continue updating software component with usual SPAM method
- Execute report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and take screenshot of current Unified rendering for future reference
- In note 2090746 , identify the unified rendering note which can be applied to your system . Download TCI from that note .
Procedure to update Unified rendering in ABAP system:
Note: For production system , we should only use transport to update Unified Rendering.
- In Tcode Snote, select Goto from Menu and select “ Upload TCI”
- Upload TCI downloaded from unified rendering note related to your system ( refer point 5 in Prerequisites)
- Download that unified rendering note in snote and implement note with transport .
- At the same time, you can also observe updates going on in tcode SPAM
- This will take long time . So please wait.
- If there is any error in between, please do not uninstall notes. We need to contact SAP team immediately .
- Invalidate Client cache ->
- Se38 -> Execute report /UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES-> select for all users
- Invalidate server cache:
- Se38 -> Execute report /UI5/THEME_TOOL-> double click on invalidate cache
- Se38 -> Execute report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES . Compare the two values of “urchangelist”. Both must show the same number. Refer to screenshot for more information: http://goo.gl/4XnNf . If they do not show the same value, please execute the option ‘Force MIME deployment’ and check if this resolves the issue. ( This point is taken from link https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Update+Unified+Rendering+via+notes .)
For Acceptance and production system : please make sure TCI software patch available in SPAM (download from front end or load from application server) and import transport to acceptance and production system .
Apply Unifieid Rendering update in portal:
Note: Refer to point 6 in note 2090746 for more information.
If you are using a custom theme in Enterprise Portal, please follow below method.
- Update the eppserv.sca (7.0x) or ep-basis.sca (>= 7.1x && <= 7.40) or EPFLP.sca (>= 7.50 SP2) : Update component in portal based on version of your netweaver . We can use normal upgrade method using SUM . Please also update dependent components.
- Request functional team to regenerate the custom themes including style adjustments
Test your application after updating unified rendering:
- If there is any error while updating unified rendering, dumps will be generated in tcode St22
- Tcode Se80-> Select any webdynpro programs-> click on views. If there is any issue, this method will generate dumps
- Tcode Soamanager. This will also generate dump if there is any issue .
In portal: To test if everything is fine at portal end , please check all view are visible in portal without any issue . If there is any issue, please check for logs in portal and backend system.
For more details on updating unified rendering, please refer note 2090746 and below links: