Chicago Innovation Summit July 2017
Chicago Innovation, The Executives’ Club of Chicago, and the Chicago Public Library joined forces for the 2nd annual Chicago Innovation Summit on July 12th. Featuring top innovation minds and leaders, the half-day event unveiled new ideas and strategies to help grow business, and provided a showcase featuring innovative technologies of tomorrow.
Chicago Innovation Vision Statement: To make Chicago a recognized hub of innovation by igniting a new narrative for our region, strengthening its economic future and building the spirit of innovation throughout the community.
- We believe that innovation creates competitive advantage and directly builds the economy of the Chicago region.
- We know that stimulating innovation is an on-going process.
- We emphasize that innovation in all its forms, big company and small, for-profit and not-for-profit, high tech, low tech and no tech, across all industries and sectors is a powerful engine driving the region’s economy.
- We stress that innovation can be taught and learned.
- We know that innovation requires collaboration across a wide range of constituencies, including corporate leaders, start-up entrepreneurs, university leaders, faculty members, and students, investors, and public officials.
The agenda featured several segments:
- From Start-Up to Scale-Up – Tech Entrepreneurs at fast growing companies shared their secrets to success
- Creative Side of Innovation – TED-style talks on how creative minds approach innovation differently
- Innovation from the Top – CEOs interview each other about how leadership impacts innovation
- Interactive Tech Expo – Showcase of many startups using exponential technologies like 3D printing, drones, and virtual reality
- Tomorrow’s Technology Today – Panel Discussion about the effect of emerging technologies
There were many fine speakers who provided some great insights about innovation for everyone in the audience.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.